hotel bReakfast

I don't think I was thinking of what ya'll are describing. I've rarely stayed in a place with free breakfast or a breakfast room.

Free bananas seems crazy - they're like $6, or whatever, lots of places.

We only stay at places with free breakfasts if we can.

68 cents a pound around here, so $6 will buy you almost 9 pounds. Typically there are 3 bananas to a pound, so that like 26+ bananas.:crazy:

Of course, but have you grabbed breakfast at nice restaurant in midtown? I was only kinda joking.

$6? For a banana? No.

I was being hyperbolic, but I can remember a sitdown breakfast a number of years ago at the Sofitel where my yogurt with candied fruit was $26 - for fancy yogurt. But I was on an expense account, so who cares.

When you stay at a hotel do you eat breakfast in the breakfast room or do you take it back to your room?

I almost always take it back to my room.

I eat it in the breakfast room because if I try to carry it back to the room there is about a 98% chance that it will end up spilled on the floor or on me.

I do not like bringing back and eating a meal in a hotel room unless it has a dedicated table and chairs. I hate eating while sitting on the side of the bed and juggling my food and drink. I also hate the thought of crumbs or spills on the floor/furniture in the room.

98% of the time will eat in the designated breakfast area.

I am surprised that anyone would think it surprising that people would eat in the breakfast room.

MJ

When you stay at a hotel do you eat breakfast in the breakfast room or do you take it back to your room?

I almost always take it back to my room.

I'll just say it again. You can edit the title.

When we stay at a hotel where breakfast is included we sometimes eat in the breakfast room, or sometimes DH will stay and eat there so he can read the paper or watch the news on TV. I sometimes take my food/coffee back to the room. I've never seen a sign saying it wasn't allowed. Now for a breakfast buffet you pay for, I could understand a sign like that. And if we eat a breakfast like that in a hotel, then of course we stay in the dining room and eat there.

We usually get kids up and moving, then ask who wants to go down to eat. Our daughter always uses that as her bathroom time so we bring back whatever she's looking for, usually a piece of fruit or bowl of dry cereal. Don't care if there's a sign. It's not like we bring back a whole tray of food.

Almost always in the breakfast area. I usually have more than one plate. I will take coffee back to the room after though.

I've done both but more often eat in the breakfast room. I can't say I've stayed at a whole lot of places that offer the free breakfast though.
Same. And if the breakfast room is crowded and super-noisy, we'll just skip it. I'd rather drive-thru McDonalds than start the day in a mosh-pit.

I like to eat breakfast in a different restaurant every day thru out the city and suck up the atmosphere
:thumbsup2 Over the years we've kind of made a "thing" out of finding Guy Fieri DDD places when we're in a new city. Makes us sound like dweebs, I know, :blush: but the meals we pay for certainly beat plain doughnuts, hard boiled eggs and red delicious apples like most free breakfast places serve.

Last edited:
I am always up before DH, so I eat in the breakfast room....if eating. It might just be a cup of tea while reading.

I paid $1.49 for one banana at the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs last month...

My husband sleeps in so I usually go and get a small breakfast and sit in the breakfast area or pool area while he dozes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter