hotel bReakfast

If the breakfast is included in my room rate, I eat in the breakfast room. I'll bring a coffee back to the room with me.
If breakfast isn't included, I usually don't buy it.

I don't think I was thinking of what ya'll are describing. I've rarely stayed in a place with free breakfast or a breakfast room.

Free bananas seems crazy - they're like $6, or whatever, lots of places.
:rotfl:I can get a pound for 49 cents. There is no way on god's green earth I am paying $6 for one banana, even on an expense account. I don't feel entitled to waste others money.

:rotfl:I can get a pound for 49 cents. There is no way on god's green earth I am paying $6 for one banana, even on an expense account. I don't feel entitled to waste others money.

See above - I was being hyperbolic, but I've paid some crazy prices for sure. I'm obviously still blown away by the $26 yogurt with candied fruit:)

I keep on thinking of the scene in Beverly Hills Cop where Axel Foley goes into a hotel buffet looking for bananas to stick in a tailpipe.

I need a couple of bananas. How much are they?

Well the buffet plate is $12.50. You get peaches, plums, oranges, and bananas.

All I need is a couple of bananas.

(Looks back to see if anyone is watching and hands over some bananas.)

Shhhh. Go ahead. Take those bananas.

See above - I was being hyperbolic, but I've paid some crazy prices for sure. I'm obviously still blown away by the $26 yogurt with candied fruit:)

I've seen some "what the heck" prices before. One was a donut at the Venetian in Vegas. It was all glittered and frankly looked like a piece of artwork, but it was $9. We got a red velvet cupcake at Bouchon Bakery and the price wasn't so shocking.

I usually take it back to the room to eat. I've never seen a sign saying not to take food out of their food area at the places we have stayed.

depends- if its a weekday and the Marriott concierge lounge is open we will go in there and eat in there since its free to Marriott rewards gold and platinum members- we also go in there in the evening for free appetizers which are things like chicken tenders, spring rolls, dumplings and they also do a salad and fresh fruit spread- then at some of them in the evening they put out a dessert spread after the appetizers so basically it is dinner for us LOL- also free soda/water juice. If we are staying someplace else we usually won't even do breakfast or if we do it would be grab a muffin and go.

I keep on thinking of the scene in Beverly Hills Cop where Axel Foley goes into a hotel buffet looking for bananas to stick in a tailpipe.

I need a couple of bananas. How much are they?

Well the buffet plate is $12.50. You get peaches, plums, oranges, and bananas.

All I need is a couple of bananas.

(Looks back to see if anyone is watching and hands over some bananas.)

Shhhh. Go ahead. Take those bananas.
....ah ain't FALIIN' fo the 'banana-in-da-tailpipe' trick!

I prefer to eat it in the breakfast room.

I may take a juice back to the room to drink while I'm dealing with getting the teenager up and moving.

I stay at budget hotels. The free breakfast reflects how much the room rate is. When people take fruit (eg bananas) to be consumed outside of the breakfast period.... it feels like cheating the system and keeps the room rates high for that free breakfast. I've been on a few tours where the fruit basket is cleaned out in seconds just before the passengers leave on their trip. The fruit is not being put on a tray.... but in their purses and pockets for the day.
I don't get how it's cheating the system. If everyone picked up a banana and ate it in the breakfast room then went on the tour, it would be the same as everyone taking a banana on the tour, right? Now, I would agree with you if one person was taking a 4-5 bananas, that's not "right". Everyone taking one? Go ahead.

Back to the room so we can finish getting ready to leave the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!