Hotel Del Coronado

JenLoy

Mouseketeer
Since I'll be on the West Coast this trip rather than the East, we were thinking of venturing down to San Deigo and checking out the inspiration for the Floridian. Have anyone visited the Del? Or perhaps, stayed there? What's your opinion? Is it worth a visit or a stay?

My husband has stayed there a few times. His company usually does a trip there once a year. This year they are going to the Grand CA instead. He says it is a beautiful hotel, and its in a GREAT location.

We have visited but never stayed (would love to!). It is beautiful and the beach is very nice. Easy to get to. There are some small shops there and around the hotel also.

We flew out of San Diego one trip, so we spent the morning at the Del. Well worth the trip! It is beautiful, and public beach is nice. There are a few restaurants and stores as well, and just walking through the lobby is a joy!

We are hoping to spend a couple of days actually staying there next year.

I stayed there for 4 nights a few years back and dont regret it a bit. The room was a bit small, but very very nice. The lobby is amazing and the views are tremendous. It is one of those places that if you have the opportunity you should try it once.

Drew

Very nice hotel with alot of history. Rooms are not huge but worth the visit.

Jack pirate:

Literally right across the street from the Hotel Del Coronado is a cute little boutique hotel called "Glorietta Bay Inn." It used to be a mansion that was converted into a hotel. There are two sections: the "Mansion Rooms" and the "Contemporary Inn." DH and I have stayed in one of their "Mansion Rooms" and we love it! Staying in one of their mansion rooms is like being at a bed and breakfast. They serve a free continental breakfast every AM. The room we stayed in was quite roomy. People can still be where all the action is and yet get more bang for their buck. For example, some of their mansion room prices are comparable to a Victorian no-view room at the Del.

It's gotten GREAT reviews on TripAdvisor. Again, just another place to consider...

http://www.gloriettabayinn.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ws-Glorietta_Bay_Inn-Coronado_California.html
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...at_Glorietta_Bay_Inn-Coronado_California.html

It is a beautiful hotel and the Sunday brunch is the biggest I have ever seen. Food is spread out over a very large ballroom. The hotel was very prominently featured in the movie 'Some Like it Hot'. It is a wonderful place to stay although a tad pricey.

I have stayed at the Hotel del. It is wonderful--old and stately with a lot of history. Wizard of Oz was supposedly written there. The beach is great. There is also rumor of a ghost...didn't see one on my trip though. ;) Sitting by the pool, having drinks and munchies delivered is great. They also do poolside movies and have fun things for kids to do.

I would recommend it. :thumbsup2

Check into the history of the place before you go. There is supposedly the ghost of a young woman who likes to occupy a certain room. I have heard that there have been reports of her imprint on the bed linens and also her reflection seen in a hallway mirror.

It is a beautiful hotel, I say go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter