Hotel Distance from Parks

kalliyan1

DIS Veteran
So am I reading things correctly that HRH is the closest hotel to both parks, vs PBH or RPH? This is our first time going and we want to be able to walk to the parks and not have to depend on other transportation to get us there. How much closer is HRH than the other two hotels?
Thanks!

We always walk from RPH and I would say it's about a 10-15 min walk to IOA. I can't answer your other question but thought you'd like to know at least that much! In February, our best rate was at PBH so it'll be a whole new experience for us!

We always walk from RPH and I would say it's about a 10-15 min walk to IOA. I can't answer your other question but thought you'd like to know at least that much! In February, our best rate was at PBH so it'll be a whole new experience for us!
Thanks!

HRH is closest to the Studios.......

RPR is closer to IOA......takes us 8 minutes to walk from there to IOA. We don’t walk that fast either.

HRH is definitely the closest to any park, but it really doesn’t take long to get to Citywalk from any of the four hotels that are walkable.

PBH is around a 15 minute walk. Same as the walk from RP, a lot is in shade, so it doesn’t feel too bad.

So am I reading things correctly that HRH is the closest hotel to both parks, vs PBH or RPH? This is our first time going and we want to be able to walk to the parks and not have to depend on other transportation to get us there. How much closer is HRH than the other two hotels?
Thanks!
Orlando Informer has a great tool for looking at the various distances. It is in Google Maps, and they have overlaid the gates and walkways. When you click on the routes you get the distance (in feet, yards, miles and km). I've included the link. Hopefully it works for you:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...7&spn=0.018862,0.029998&t=h&z=15&source=embed

Last trip I timed from the PBH boat dock to the Islands of Adventure gate. I think it was 21 minutes with stroller, grandparents and 5 & 6 year olds walking. That's not taking the shortcut through the HRH parking lot. The Studios entrance would obviously be closer.

I think the boat takes 5 minutes. Another 4 or 5 minutes probably to walk from City Walk dock to IOA. Maybe 2 or 3 minutes for loading and unloading and waiting to depart. So it probably takes less than 10 minutes more to walk from PBH to IOA than to take the boat - and that's assuming as soon as you get to the dock you walk right onto the boat.

none of the hotels are a terrible walk. We have stayed at Portiforno Bay, Hard Rock and Royal Pacific. All have boats, but are an easy walk to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter