Hotel in the LA area!

peterox

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to LA and DL in April 2014. We are from the east coast of Canada and this will be our first trip to the area. We need some hotel suggestions on the first part of the trip. The first 4 nights we want to visit the popular tourist areas around LA (Hollywood, Beaches). The problem is I can't decide on were to stay. We will have a rental car and travelling with two Daughters 13 and 10. Any suggestions would be a great help! Has anyone stayed at Jamaica Bay Inn?

My Daughter and I are visiting LA right now and heading to Disneyland this afternoon. For the first part of this trip we did most of what you are looking at. Based on recommendations from Nancy Johnson we decided to stay in Burbank and it was an excellent choice. Our hotel is the Safari Inn and we're really happy with it. It's a small Motel with a lot of history. its definitely not fancy but is very clean, inexpensive, and a PERFECT location. We toured the Warner Bros Studios (5 mins away), Griffith Park (10 mins), Forrest Lawn (where Walt Disney is buried...10 mins), and Universal Studios (10 mins).

Yesterday we toured the Sony Pictures Studios and got to see the recording studio where most major film scores are recorded as well as the sound stage where they film Jeopardy. We had lunch at the LA Farmers Market and strolled next door to the Grove where we got to see a filming of the TV show Extra with Mario Lopez. We saw the Chinese theater and took a tour of the Dolby Theater where the Academy Awards are held. We saw Monsters University at Disney's El Capitan theater and finished the day with a scoop of ice cream at the Disney Soda Fountain on Hollywood Boulevard. We had a blast these first three days and still have Disneyland to see.

Hope you enjoy your trip as much as we are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter