Hotel indecisions

interstate70s

DIS Veteran
My family has decided on a last minute trip to Disneyland at the end of the month. We might be crazy but that's ok. We have airline points and unused military tickets that we need to use anyway. It's me, my husband, our 2 teenagers and our 1 year old. I have to confess I am a serial double and sometimes triple hotel booker. I was able to book the DLH at 35 percent off rack. (Usually it's hard to get the military rate on a standard room a month out) But the price is still high. I'm sort if hoping they're going to decide to give some sort of benefit to the hotel guests for access to Galaxy's Edge after the 23rd. Anyway, I also have the Hojo ( renovated room) and the Park Vue booked. We've stayed at the Park Vue many times and have always been satisfied. I'm sort of interested in trying the Hojo though, but am worried about the teens walking back to the hotel if they split off from us. I've also heard that their pools are really cold. Can anyone give any recent experience?

Depending on the age of your teens, I (personally) wouldn't have any issue with them walking back to the room on their own. I wouldn't have let our then-13yo do it, but I wouldn't hesitate to let two mid-teens go back and forth within reason. My youngest is 15 now, and pretty "young," and I wouldn't blink at the idea of letting her run back to the hotel for something on her own when we stay at Desert Inn. If it was her and her bestie of the same age, I wouldn't have any problem letting them go back and forth between the parks and HoJo assuming they followed our family rules (text when leaving one place, text when you get to the next place for each and every location change).

They are 16 and 14. I'm cool with them going to Park Vue. And I'd be ok with the DLH since they never leave Downtown Disney. The Hojo stretches my comfort zone a little, especially since I haven't done the walk down there.

They are 16 and 14. I'm cool with them going to Park Vue. And I'd be ok with the DLH since they never leave Downtown Disney. The Hojo stretches my comfort zone a little, especially since I haven't done the walk down there.

Pretty much everyone they will encounter between the park and the Hojo are other families and park guests going to and from their hotels. I'm sure you've seen the folks that loiter around the crosswalk area panhandling etc but they wouldn't encounter any more of that than they would going to PVI.

We haven't stayed at HoJo's real recently, but in our trips there the pool temp., has never been an issue, not sure how it's been more recently, but we really like that hotel, as do many others . We've not stayed at Park Vue so I can't compare the two.

But if the safety of the walk is the deciding factor for you, I agree with the above posters that the walk between the hotel and park is one that most would consider safe with all the park guests that walk that stretch. I wouldn't hesitate to allow my 15 year old to make it alone before, during or just after park hours because countless others from the parks will be making that same trek.

Thanks for the info. It puts my mind at ease. I was worried the number of people walking back may be far fewer the farther away from the entrance you get as people break off towards their hotels. It's good to know there's still lots of people going that way.

Thanks for the info. It puts my mind at ease. I was worried the number of people walking back may be far fewer the farther away from the entrance you get as people break off towards their hotels. It's good to know there's still lots of people going that way.
Yes, there will be less people the further in the walk, *however* HoJo is popular enough that there will still be lots of families going back and forth.

We stayed at HoJo last August, and the pool was not very cold at all. I don't like cold pools, so it was great.

We always stay at HOJO and my kids have walked to and from the parks without us, sometimes all by themselves, many times and I do not worry. I'd say they started doing that when they were maybe 13? It's not a long walk and there always seems to be plenty of people around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter