Hotel near Disney springs

And budget. I would go to a site like hotels.com and get a sense of what’s available for your dates, read reviews, then come back and ask for a second opinion

2 adults . We would like to be close to disney springs for a 1 night stay before we check in to beach club. as far as amenities go any are fine. We are driving and will arrive in time for some shopping and would like to walk to Disney springs

I’ll move this to the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board, where the Disney Springs hotels are discussed. :)

If you’d like to walk to Disney Springs, try the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, followed by Hilton Buena Vista Palace. Those would be the shortest walks. Both are nice. Just fine for your purpose. Both are frequently deals on Hotwire and Priceline.

I saw a good rate on the Best Western in Disney Springs today. It's a bit of a hike to DS, but not too bad. The Hilton(s) are very nice, but a $35 resort fee is hard for me to take when I'm mostly going to be in the parks.

I saw a good rate on the Best Western in Disney Springs today. It's a bit of a hike to DS, but not too bad.

Warning: The Best Western Lake Buena Vista is just starting a massive construction project. They are building a second tower, reconfiguring the public areas, and building convention facilities. This is an old photo (from March 2019) that shows the construction zone that surrounds roughly 60% of the current tower.

Somewhat shockingly, the official Best Western website does not disclose the construction. As someone that used to work in hotels, I think the lack of disclosure borders on fraud.

Warning: The Best Western Lake Buena Vista is just starting a massive construction project. They are building a second tower, reconfiguring the public areas, and building convention facilities. This is an old photo (from March 2019) that shows the construction zone that surrounds roughly 60% of the current tower.

View attachment 427041

Somewhat shockingly, the official Best Western website does not disclose the construction. As someone that used to work in hotels, I think the lack of disclosure borders on fraud.
It isn't fraud. Drury Hotels purchased this property and is in charge of the remodel.

Warning: The Best Western Lake Buena Vista is just starting a massive construction project ........

It isn't fraud. Drury Hotels purchased this property and is in charge of the remodel.

It does not matter that Drury purchased the hotel or is in charge of the remodel. It is still branded and being sold as a Best Western. When the above was posted (last summer) there was no acknowledgement of the massive construction project going on even with cranes and large equipment excavating. Today, they have a small print at bottom stating the hotel is going through some "refurbishments" which is a great exaggeration. Refurbishment implies room and public area updating.

If you book this hotel you are getting old dated rooms, the refurbishment of existing hotel will come later. What you will get is large construction happening to add another tower from the ground up, then the destruction and rebuilding of the pool and deck area. All of this can greatly impact one's stay if you plan any time at the hotel during the day or like to stay out then sleep in late.

Not letting guests know the full extent to the construction is indeed a full misrepresentation. It certainly does border on fraud because the lack of information is done to misrepresent the hotel to maintain flow of income. It is actually a misrepresentation by both Best Western and Drury.

It does not matter that Drury purchased the hotel or is in charge of the remodel. It is still branded and being sold as a Best Western. When the above was posted (last summer) there was no acknowledgement of the massive construction project going on even with cranes and large equipment excavating. Today, they have a small print at bottom stating the hotel is going through some "refurbishments" which is a great exaggeration. Refurbishment implies room and public area updating.

If you book this hotel you are getting old dated rooms, the refurbishment of existing hotel will come later. What you will get is large construction happening to add another tower from the ground up, then the destruction and rebuilding of the pool and deck area. All of this can greatly impact one's stay if you plan any time at the hotel during the day or like to stay out then sleep in late.

Not letting guests know the full extent to the construction is indeed a full misrepresentation. It certainly does border on fraud because the lack of information is done to misrepresent the hotel to maintain flow of income. It is actually a misrepresentation by both Best Western and Drury.
I agree that you are getting old dated rooms - the price reflects that. A "full misrepresentation"? C'mon. You're reaching. I guess we can agree to disagree here.

Check Priceline Express. Put in Disney Springs and check no resort of parking fees. I took the $44 offer which would get me either the Embassy Suites, Marriott Courtyard or Renaissance. I got the Marriott Courtyard, just passed the Crossroads shopping plaza less than 5 minutes from Disney Springs. Clean, nice, great staff and $56 out the door.

We just got back from staying at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista (NOT the Palace). We were there 12/21/19-12/27/19. It was pretty perfect. I got a rate of $89 a night from Mousesavers and it included free parking. There is a $30 ($35?) a night resort fee, but they all seem to have resort fees and charge for parking. We could leave our room on the 8th floor and be across the street and over to Disney Springs in about 5-8 mins; the over-the-road walkway is right beside the hotel, and "exits" near Earl of Sandwich. Hotel is really nice, two restaurants and a lounge/bar w/food, and a 24 hour store/marketplace, pool, hot tub, great workout room. Part of the resort fee means you get a cup of Starbucks coffee and a bottle of water "free" per person, per night. I had read online about some of their rooms being moldy, so I contacted the hotel, explained I have mold allergies, and they reserved a newly-renovated room for us.

I'd be careful with Priceline. If the Marriott Courtyard is past the Crossroads shopping plaza, there is no way that this is a 5 minute walk to Disney Springs. You couldn't drive from there to the DS parking garages in 5 minutes.

I’m looking at the BW for a trip in April. The construction concerns me. Should I pass and book another hotel?

I’m looking at the BW for a trip in April. The construction concerns me. Should I pass and book another hotel?
My neighbor is pretty high up at Drury and he comped me a room there 2 years ago. The hotel is very dated. The construction had yet to start when we were there. I know the price is cheap - so you'll get what you pay for. I personally wouldn't stay there until the remodel is completed. It certainly wouldn't feel like Disney IMO.

Holiday Inn is fine-it is a usual Holiday Inn but usually has high ratings for DS hotels. Uber is required.

Über isn't required. The seven Hotel Plaza Boulevard properties share two complete bus routes, one on each side of the street.

These buses start before the parks open, stop after the parks close, run until 1 or 2 AM for Disney Springs, and operate on a regular, posted schedule - usually every half hour, sometimes every hour, occasionally less frequently (hi, water parks! :)).

Über isn't required. The seven Hotel Plaza Boulevard properties share two complete bus routes, one on each side of the street.

These buses start before the parks open, stop after the parks close, run until 1 or 2 AM for Disney Springs, and operate on a regular, posted schedule - usually every half hour, sometimes every hour, occasionally less frequently (hi, water parks! :)).
When we stayed we used Uber and my intent was to imply a longer walk to DS then other hotels. Thanks for the info on the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!