Hotel near Dodgers Stadium

There is the Bonaventure in Downtown LA - that is a really nice hotel

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=1004

na1004ex5_md.jpg

How about the Sheraton downtown at 711 Hope st. Abut $120 a nite. Self park near by as opposed to usingtheir $24 a nite valet - unless in and out privilages are an issue. Eat anytime 24 hours a day at the Original Pantry.. breakfast is great there - expect lines though.

na1598ex1_md.jpg
na1598lo3_md.jpg

The hotel is connected to Macy's plaza and is ungoing a 24 month rennovation. Ask for one of the rennovated rooms if available. AM EX users get 20% off at their web site otherwise shop the web or call direct to ferret out their best rates.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1598

Link to starwood site above. :thumbsup2 I do like the Bonneventure though! Stayed in both - Sheraton should be slightly cheaper - usually.

Othewise - if you don't mind going a little further - a great place to stay is at Universal city on the hill. Not cheaper - but certainly memorable - convenient to Universal studios, very safe and the shops are great fun at nite there. House of Blues and Gladstines for fish are highly recommended... not too cheap but good fun, good food and convenient. Get the concierge to help out with last minute ideas and adjustments to what what to do that's smart that week when you're there! This loaction makes it worth what-ever it costs... almost! :confused3

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=83

na83ex6_md.jpg
na83ex2_md.jpg

RSI2004west_273.jpg

captaincrash said:
. . . Gladstines for fish are highly recommended. . . not too cheap but good fun, good food and convenient.

Sadly, Gladstones at Universal CitiWalk has been closed for months (I miss that place). The one in Malibu on PCH is still open.

Woody

woody73 said:
Sadly, Gladstones at Universal CitiWalk has been closed for months (I miss that place). The one in Malibu on PCH is still open.

Woody

I stand corrected. Thanks Woody!

woody73 said:

Woody

My daughter was just up there last weekend and told me about Gladstones. She did, however, say they were opening up a Bubba Gumps soon!

I know several people who got food poisoning at the Gladstones at Universal - I wonder if that is one of the reasons that they closed?

The area around Dodger Stadium is not so great security wise. The hotels mentioned above are excellent. The Universal Sheraton located on Lankershim Blvd. in Universal Studios is a nice hotel.

Or, why not stay at the Pasadena Hilton and take the Gold Line into Downtown?

After I last posted I paused to consider that Pasadena was a viabale alternative too - I've stayed at the Westin and the Ritz Carlton - and they're both n ice and somewhat plush. Frankly, I use the Ritz for business meetings several times a year - and I would recommend the patio off the nack by the pool. It's relatively cheap considering.

At any rate - I am not familiar with the GOLD line - or where it stops off. I would therefore just say to drive it. The Pasadena freeway was the 1st freeway built in LA and it would connect you to DOdger Stadium from the Pasadena area. Check the rates at the RItz... ask about discounts and you may be surprised. One way or another!

rc-hs-017-exterior.jpg

rcpasad_00039_pt_th.jpg
the_ritz_carlton_huntington_pasadena2p.jpg

Above in the right hand image - where the white umbrella sheltered patio tables are is where I've hosted many business lunches. Great coffee and decent dishes otherwise. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter