Hotel New York FAQ & Information Thread

And we're back again :flower1:

Saturday 4th February - Monday 6th February 2017

Checked in around 11:20 on a Saturday morning, reception was busy but we were seen to very quickly.

P1060287 (640x480).jpg

We have AP's (did not need to show them) and this time were not asked for passport information either. Not sure why. We took breakfast slots of 9am each day but were told we could turn up when we wanted. I know breakfast is changing after March and is no longer included in the room/package rate. I didn't take photos this time but it's the same as all previous reviews.

I asked for a Midtown room but none were available and we were given a terrace room in Gramercy Park, room 120.

P1060288 (640x480).jpg

Our room was clean, warm and the just as expected. We had the newer tv but the smaller safe this time.

The bathroom was well stocked with lots of large towels, shampoo/shower gel, hairdryer on the wall (it does the job) and plenty of hot water.

P1060289 (480x640).jpg

Cleaned beautifully each day, we also had turndown service each day with some character chocolate coins

IMG_1603 (640x480).jpg

We always use the ice bucket in the evenings but the machine nearest to us wasn't working this time so would go to the New York City bar to ask for some. The CM's were so friendly and happy to oblige.

View to a small garden area with chairs/table. Would be nice to sit here in the summer. The room we had last time is just across the garden on the corner.

P1060418 (480x640).jpg

Panoramagique just outside

P1060473 (640x480).jpg

View over the lake to the Newport Bay. The ice rink was also open.

P1060294 (640x480).jpg

P1060569 (640x480).jpg

Another successful stay. So thankful to be close to the village and parks on this stay as it was so cold! Ideal for just nipping back. I'm sure we'll be back :goodvibes

Last edited:
We're back again :laughing:

We stayed here from Monday 22 July - Thursday 27 July 2017.

I had booked a package for 1 person and had emailed to say I'd be adding 3 extra people to the room to make sure we had a big enough room. Check-in was quick and I explained we'd be adding 3 adults to the booking - no problems at all. It cost us 22.30E for the 3 nights. I was given my breakfast and dinner vouchers and was told it would cost me approx 15E to eat in the restaurant for breakfast, more for the others without the voucher but I didn't ask how much as we had already decided we wouldn't have breakfast in the hotel.

Our room was in Gramercy Park 2205.

P1060643 (640x480).jpg

We didn't have a view but that was ok.

P1060644 (640x480).jpg

We had a tray with kettle, teas/coffee/milk etc, not had this before. Iron/ironing board still in the wardrobe and the older, small safe this time. We also had the newer tv.

Also, new style hairdryer in the bathroom

P1060647 (640x480).jpg

The room seemed well appointed at first glance, but the bathroom was a tad poor this time - some mould/condensation and a few broken tiles. It didn't ruin our holiday but it's not what I expect from a 4 key rated hotel at Disney.

P1060650 (640x480).jpg

The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked wonderfully. Lovely big fluffy towels in the bathroom and plenty of room for our luggage. I like having the small able and chairs to relax on too.

We played tennis one afternoon - no charge. Had the place to ourselves. We also used the pool/jacuzzi too and it was lovely. Lots of swimming aids to use and not too cold either.

IMG_1807 (480x640).jpg

We had drinks in the New York City Bar one evening. Lovely place to relax, drinks not cheap though, approx 40E for 4 drinks and only one was alcoholic!

P1060932 (640x480).jpg

Characters are meeting again beside the taxi in the mornings, although we didn't meet any of them this visit.

P1060931 (640x480).jpg

P1060935 (640x480).jpg

P1060936 (480x640).jpg

P1060937 (640x480).jpg

Overall we had a good stay again. Love the proximity to the park which is the main reason we always stay here and pool during summer. Housekeeping however was not what we're used to this time....lack of cleaning at all on one day and poor cleaning on the others. Given that this is our 12th visit at Hotel New York I know it's not the norm, but it's still disappointing when it happens. I did speak to housekeeping a couple of times and the room was eventually serviced, but we shouldn't need to to that. No doubt we will stay here again - I just love the art deco theme - but I'm also looking forward to see what the Marvel refurb brings.

Hi
Can you explain the book for one on package then extra three please. Is that just shareholders ? X

Hi
Can you explain the book for one on package then extra three please. Is that just shareholders ? X
We're annual pass holders so don't need a package that included park tickets. So I booked the room for 1 person with a package and then added the 3 others st check in paying tourist tax when we arrived. We have previously got a room only deal with the AP cheaper but this time it was cheaper doing it this way.

Stayed here in January for the first time. The hotel was nice and the lobby smelt fabulous. The room was nice. Our only two complaints were the side of the bath tub was very high so it was difficult for my older Momma to climb into. Also we'd paid for a lake view room and couldn't see the lake at all from our room in the Gramercy building. There was characters in the hotel every morning after breakfast which was great because usually their lines were really short and it saved us queuing for them in the parks and it was great how close it was walking distance wise from the parks and the village though and if they weren't changing the theme to marvel we would have definitely considered staying here again:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!