Hotel prices for summer keep dropping..

If you can go during dapper days, you can get the convention rate. That's the only time we stay on property, otherwise it's just wherever that's close and cheap.
Do note that they charge you for one night which is non-refundable, so make sure you're planning to go at that time. The Expo tickets are now $15, I think, with 12 and under free.

I am SO curious to see how it is after the reservation period is over. In my mind I am expecting a mass of humanity crushing down upon the park, but who knows... maybe people are waiting until RotR is up and running (and/or any of the other possible reasons people have cited).
This. I think a lot of people interested in Star Wars Land, but not full-on SW fanboys, who aren't AP holders looked at the prices and went "Well with those prices we get one trip to Disney in the next couple years- do we go this summer with half of Star Wars Land or wait until next year when the whole thing is open?" Next year, duh!

I think locals with annual passes will show up in large numbers once the reservation period is over. If they do it won't be a fun time for out of town guests.

Check out this "relaxing" video. It must have been shot after June 1st (includes Soarin' over California)

I'm only one person, but the people I know with deluxe passes did NOT renew this year due to the block outs and potential crowds this summer. I do think a lot of people do have Socal passes still because many don't want to give it up since they often have grandfathered in perks (i.e. parking).

We did not renew our deluxe passes either (5 of us). The price hike and additional blocked dates were the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter