Hotel recommendations near Convention Center

MarBee

DIS Veteran
I have a conference in January at the convention center in Orlando. The “preferred” hotel list they gave me has about 50 options, so I wanted to see if anyone can recommend a hotel that is close to the convention center so I can cheaply Uber, or a hotel that can provide free/cheap and easy transportation to and from.
I am having the family tag along, so the room will have to hold 2 adults and 2 kids. Since it’s in January, the pool may not be as big of a deal as it normally would be to us. Convenience and cleanliness are top priorities though. Looking to stay in the $150 range if possible.

I have a conference in January at the convention center in Orlando. The “preferred” hotel list they gave me has about 50 options, so I wanted to see if anyone can recommend a hotel that is close to the convention center so I can cheaply Uber, or a hotel that can provide free/cheap and easy transportation to and from.
I am having the family tag along, so the room will have to hold 2 adults and 2 kids. Since it’s in January, the pool may not be as big of a deal as it normally would be to us. Convenience and cleanliness are top priorities though. Looking to stay in the $150 range if possible.
This price point will narrow your search down quite a bit. Especially with hotels that have resort fees and parking fees. Hilton Orlando is def out as well as the big Rosens and the Hyatt.

What will the family be doing why you are at the conference? that would impact where I would book if they need to walk to activities.

I personally have stayed in the area quite a few times and I wouldn't stay any farther north than the Embassy Suites on International Drive. It might be a good option for you, breakfast buffet, evening reception and it has an indoor pool as well as outdoor pool. The suites are a good size for a family. We stayed there with 3 kids.

If the family is looking to stay at/in the hotel and looking for amenities there I would look at Universal's Dockside and Surfside, Cabana Bay and Adventura. Depending on your dates they may be in your range. You can Uber to the Convention Center easily.

Last edited:
The Hilton is impressive.
It also has the Hertz Rental located in the lower level .
Embassy Suites has 2 locations and they are very popular with families.

This price point will narrow your search down quite a bit. Especially with hotels that have resort fees and parking fees. Hilton Orlando is def out as well as the big Rosens and the Hyatt.

What will the family be doing why you are at the conference? that would impact where I would book if they need to walk to activities.

I personally have stayed in the area quite a few times and I wouldn't stay any farther north than the Embassy Suites on International Drive. It might be a good option for you, breakfast buffet, evening reception and it has an indoor pool as well as outdoor pool. The suites are a good size for a family. We stayed there with 3 kids.

If the family is looking to stay at/in the hotel and looking for amenities there I would look at Universal's Dockside and Surfside, Cabana Bay and Adventura. Depending on your dates they may be in your range. You can Uber to the Convention Center easily.

Thank you! I think I may be narrowing down to Cabana Bay and Surfside/Dockside. We haven’t done Universal in a few years so we may incorporate it to our trip this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter