hotel royal plaza or Best Western LBV

janetm

Earning My Ears
Which would you choose and why? Got good rates for both - one $30.00 more for the stay than the other.

Absolutely, 100% go with Hotel Royal Plaza. I just finished site inspections of both, and HRP is miles better than Best Western LBV, which I do not recommend at all. I will be putting reviews on MouseSavers sometime next week, but meanwhile, trust me... HRP is worth AT LEAST $30 a night more!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I've have always thought that the Hotel Royal Plaza looked interesting. I am considering it for an upcoming trip sometime, maybe for a night or two, just to try it out. :)

not $30.00 more per night - $30.00 more for the entire stay!!
If you just saw both, I may take your word for it and switch my reservations.

Ok- get this......My stay at Hotel Royal Plaza for 4 nights is 257.77. That includes the taxes and resort fees. My stay at BW LBV was going to be $261.96.

Plus my kids eat free at HRP!

I am trusting you......but I do have just a standard room!!!

Janetm When are your dates? I'm also looking at HRP for a night or two...

janetm, that's a great rate for HRP. The standard rooms are fine, but it's worth asking if you can get upgraded to the tower rooms, which are slightly larger and have upgraded bathrooms. I would even pay an extra $10 a night or so for the tower rooms, myself... still, as I say, the standard rooms are just fine too.

I think you'll be very happy with HRP. It's surprisingly upscale for a hotel with such reasonable rates, and the "kids eat free" feature is very worthwhile -- I had lunch at the hotel restaurant and the food was reasonably priced and good quality. (Standard American stuff, but well prepared.)

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I remember staying at hrp many years ago with my parents. We loved it there. Do they still have the bar b que and carribean band at the pool? We really thought that was great.

I just called about a Tower room... it's 100 feet larger & has a roman tub....

It's 20.00 more per night (89.00), plus the hotel fee of 7.00 plus tax... Should be about 105.00 per night, for a total of 210.00 for 3 nights.... I'm debating just staying at one of the moderates for the same price... What do you think Mary (Foodlover)?

These are great rates. We are trying to plan a trip to the World next April and are considering staying at HRP. Maybe these rates will continue for awhile.:D

chris1gill, I would call HRP a good alternative to the Moderates... a tower room at HRP provides more "upscale" accommodations (nicer room, nicer bathroom, interior corridors, etc.) than a Moderate, but only you can make the call about the convenience factor of staying on-site.

Disnee Dad says........................................... We have not stayed at either place, but according to one Unofficial Guide those are the two lowest rated hotels at Hotel PLaza. This is NOT my opinion, just something I read. You may try Courtyard by Marriot, who is rated slightly higher, and has a $25, no it's $29, no I think it's up to $39 a night. Or the Grovsner, where I can say it is nice because we spent a couple nights there in 1997. It has a $39 special for Sun-Wed!! Plus you can knock down a couple a pints with some blokes from the UK.

The trouble was with Courtyard is that they charged 109.00 on Friday and Saturday. We are only going to be there Friday night thru Tues so...that was more than some of the other hotels and you had to pay upfront.

This is so hard and confusing since I have never seen any of them. I got it from a good source to pick Hotal Royal Plaza (they have extensively renovated in the last couple years)....see above!!

Hi Janet, After looking at their pictures, I think you can't go wrong.... It has been extensively renovated... and it really does look like a very nice alternative... They are on-site so you still get all the benefits of being on-site... transportation isn't as good as the Disney resorts, I've heard it runs every 30 minutes... But geesh... I've waited 30 minutes for some Disney busses!! HRP I bet is going to be nice.... Can you post your impressions once you get back? I'd love to hear from someone who's stayed there since the renovation!!! I think I'm looking forward to it!!!

I stayed there this past Feb and i really liked the hotel , The bathrooms were alot bigger than the wydham palace and spa, So i would stay there again!
Mrsmom

Hello Foodlover:

What were the lani rooms like? Also can you still walk to downtown disney from this hotel?

Thanks,

Deb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter