Hotel Santa Fe FAQ & Information Thread

i quite enjoyed the hotel, DD loved it. I never saw the scrum that some people encounter at breakfast and the shuttles. I would stay here again.

I don't think the exterior has been refurbed since you last saw it Cap.

I'm staying there again in October though - I honestly do think the Santa Fe beds are the comfiest I have ever slept in :lovestruc .

Elaine

I don't think the exterior has been refurbed since you last saw it Cap.

I'm staying there again in October though - I honestly do think the Santa Fe beds are the comfiest I have ever slept in :lovestruc .

Elaine

Thanks. Just found the exterior a little dissapointing especially for Disney.

We had very quite breakfasts although we had them at 7:30 every morning.

Can't comment on the shuttle busses as we found the walk to and from the park to be very relaxing. Infact on the way out of the park, if you visit Disney Village you probably have to walk as far to get the shuttle as you would to get back to the Hotel.

I do agree that the beds were very very comfy

newphotos006.jpg

and my boys loved the bunk beds ...room 31 building 14

newphotos005-1.jpg

Although I do agree that breakfast was a scrum

Hi,, does anyone know how much the tea/coffee making facilities cost? I can't funtion in a morning without my cup of tea :goodvibes: Just wondering if its worth buying a travel kettle before I go?

:thanks:

It costs about 20 euros to hire the kettle, then you have to buy the tea, coffee etc, thats about 6 euros.

I take my own - you can buy a travel kettle for about £5.

Elaine

:faint: WoW 20 euros that's steep, thanks for letting me know, I think I'll be off to buy me a travel kettle :thumbsup2

The kettle hire fee is refunded though - its a deposit, as far as I know.
I always take my own though. And it sure doesn't cost 6 euros to buy a couple of teabags, a couple of spoons of coffee, and some dried milk.

Elaine

Sorry,, yet another question :blush:
do they have laundry facilities at Santa fe? Not that I'm planning on doing much over 3 days :lmao: but my DD6 gets very messy and I might need it in an emergency. If not will just have to pack exta :thumbsup2

I'm sure they do the laundry pay-by-item at the Santa Fe.
That would be expensive though.
There is a self-service launderette at the Cheyenne hotel - just across the bridge from the Santa Fe.

Elaine

thanks for this it was great to read . its my first time in santa fe and it really helped :):):thumbsup2

Do you have any pictures of the hotel you took yourself ?

I'm afraid I don't have that many from any of our trips there - but the buildings, rooms etc haven't changed much since the pics on the official Disney site were taken - certainly the room decor etc is the same as each room I've stayed in there.

We stayed at the Santa Fe last week and had a kettle in our room. The rooms were clean and basic but very stuffy (no air-con).

Breakfast was a nightmare. Very crowded with unsupervised children running around everywhere.

The shuttle bus was always packed, used it once - never again. It's only a 10 minute walk past the Hotel New York and through the village.

We stayed here again from 6th to 9th October. I'd phoned the week before to ask for a ground floor room, and thats what we got :) - block 33, room 19. This was the view from outside block 33 -

178.jpg

177.jpg

The block (at least on our ground floor) was clean, didn't smell of cigarette smoke, carpet looked fresh etc. Our room was as expected, clean, nice comfy beds (complete with new Cars themed bedspreads), and flat screen TV with good reception on all the channels.

There are subtle Cars themes now in the main reception block - as well as the billboard change from Clint Eastwood to Lightnin and Sally, there are lightning flashes in the flooring in reception -

001-1.jpg

and these guys and gals on the walls in reception and the baggage store -

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

002.jpg

I noticed this trip the piped music outside the baggage store and reception - "our town" from Cars (always gives me a lump in my throat that song :lovestruc) and we did use the shuttle buses all the time to and from the parks (my DD was being a right lazy mare this trip!) and we managed to get on and off with no problems, despite the buses being busy.

We did get early-ish breakfast slots, and a perfect time of 9.15 for our breakfast in the park on Saturday morning. We didn't bother with breakfast at the hotel at all in the end.

All the staff we met at the hotel were friendly and helpful, and as always, I'm happy to recommend this hotel :).

Stayed here 17th January2011 for 3 nights. This is the 4th time we have stayed here and it continues to be our favorite.
Beds were amazing with new quilts , pillows and the cars themed bedspread. Tv was a big flat screen, our room was very clean and fresh smelling we stayed in block 45 and it was plesant smelling and clean.
Breakfast time there was no scrum infact we were surprised how empty it was really. Staff were kind and helpful. shop has all you need but we chose to walk to the petrol station for a change.
Buses to the park were clean and frequent although we only used them about twice as we enjoy the walk to and from the parks.
Thought we would miss old Mr Eastwood but to be honest Lighting and Sally are well suited and we now prefere their picture (it is a disney hotel after all).
Each room has a wired internet connection which can be activated at reception and rooms now have safes.
Enjoyed seeing the hotel all lit up at night with all lights working.
Will be staying here again and would recommend to a friend xx

I stayed at Santa Fe with my son for a full week in September (2011) and really rated it. The cost difference between Santa Fe and other on site hotels was significant when staying for 7 nights, so it was an economic decision, but one we didn't regret.

Refurbished room near the river and pathway to parks, making it an easy and pleasant walk. Our room was smart and my son really liked the theming (we have more photos of the 'cars' beds than the castle.) In particular the shower was amazing, the beds and pillows extremely comfortable, big (for me!) flat screen TV, and the housekeeping service was excellent. The corridoors are worn but it really didn't matter as we only passed through momentarily, and it sometimes took a few attempts to get the door card to work, which again didn't bother us because we always got in.

We took kettle, mugs, tea towel, tea spoon, and picnic cutlery and plates, none of which are provided. Shopped around for everything from tea bags to roast chicken and bread, and had a couple of delicious cheap meals in our room at times when we just wanted to chill out and recover for a couple of hours. Our housekeeper kindly cleaned around our 'kitchen' area every day.

Unexpected bonuses were the acres of storage space - two of us with generous amounts of baggage didn't touch the sides of what's available, the very nice coffee at breakfast (best I found on the holiday, so I made the most of it!), and the in-room safe, which really made a difference to my feeling that our important things were secure. My son took gadgets that we would have been gutted to lose, and staying a week meant we had large amounts of cash and various cards with us. The safe really put my mind at rest.

Personal bonuses were the lack of fragrances in the hotel (my son suffers migraines triggered by chemical perfume smells) and the quietness - no piped music anywhere near the rooms.

The amenity block - restaurant, shop etc - wasn't as impressive as the five star hotels, but we didn't use it much anyway. With so much choice on site you really don't have to, although we did take advantage of the bar to end some of our long days with a few cocktails - much cheaper than other hotels even though exactly the same.

If you're looking to make the most of your budget I think Santa Fe is ideal, particularly with the garage shop so handy for odds and ends at up to one third of park prices. We had decided to book the cheapest hotel so that we had more to spend on doing things during the daytime - shows, trips, meals etc - and for us it worked perfectly. I'd definitely stay here again.

Hope that's useful!

we stay here for 4 nights in March 2013 in one of the new cars themes rooms and really like it and our little loves it... we will be definitely coming back... will put some photos of our room and information card... please feel free to ask if you have any questions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!