Hotel Santa Fe FAQ & Information Thread

Thanks for the great information! We just booked our first trip ever to DLP and we'll be staying here. I was a but worried about booking the cheapest place but my hubby is wild about Cars so it was a must do. Can anyone speak to smoking in the rooms? It isn't clear if this is allowed or not and it would be really difficult for us to stay in a room that smelled smokey. (Thanks!!)

We stayed there for 5 days this July and the room did not smell of cigarettes. My hubby who is a smoker just went out of the room to smoke. It was lovely. It's a nice hotel and if you ask at the reception they can tell you which days and what hours each character passes by. We were lucky enough to see Mickey and Minnie and Donald. The rooms are very clean and refurbished and if there is anything you need the service is very good and quick. Your husband will love the room. My son went crazy about it. Have fun!

Don't know if this will work but a few photos from our March trip....

IMG_70641717864935_zpsb280930b.jpg

IMG_70635075897162-1_zpsb94f2b60.jpg

IMG_70627173736517_zps06768c0f.jpg

i stayed at santa fe jan 2011 (a little while ago now....). it was our first time staying at a value disney resort/hotel so we weren't sure what to expect. (i don't know how it would compare to a value WDW resort)

we really liked the rooms and the atmosphere, the laundry was easy to use, we really enjoyed the morning walk to the parks from the hotel, breakfast was very tasty (but a tad unorganised).

the hotel itself was a little confusing to navigate and a little but run down (we more so noticed the discolouration of the outside of the buildings)

our only real concern was the staff, they were incredibly rude in every encounter we had with them, apart from the servers at the cantina. but check in was gruesome, getting coins for the laundrette was very painful. i can still picture one managers face...

we get there may be some cultural/language differences but we had no problems the days we spent in paris city or the times spent in the actual parks and restaurants.

but like i said this was a few years ago (before i was on DIS) and just wanted to share. :)

hoping to go to DLP jan 15 and thinking of staying at Cheyenne.

I can't remember if I've asked before but has anyone stayed in a wheelchair accessible room here? That's what we're booked into apparently and just wanted to be nosy in advance!

I can't remember if I've asked before but has anyone stayed in a wheelchair accessible room here? That's what we're booked into apparently and just wanted to be nosy in advance!

Hi there,

We stayed in an adapted room at the Santa Fe in October 2013 (there were 5 of us staying - 2 adults and 3 kids) the people at DLP said it was designed for a max of 6 people - it was perfect.

Basically it is two rooms joined together, one standard and one with easy access areas.

One standard room has 2 double beds and a tv, the bathroom with standard in bath shower.

Room next door (accessed by a connecting door) had one double bed and a sofa bed. (Which is quite big and comfortable :) ) This room also has a tv and plenty of floor space to access the whole room.
The bathroom is sort of like a wet room - one half is an open shower.
The sink/sideboard has a lot of space underneath for easy access.
The building the rooms are in has plenty of parking and is very close to hotel reception and dining facilities.

We were very impressed and the refurb has been done to a great standard.
We're going back to Santa Fe in Feb - we can't wait.

Hi there,

We stayed in an adapted room at the Santa Fe in October 2013 (there were 5 of us staying - 2 adults and 3 kids) the people at DLP said it was designed for a max of 6 people - it was perfect.

Basically it is two rooms joined together, one standard and one with easy access areas.

One standard room has 2 double beds and a tv, the bathroom with standard in bath shower.

Room next door (accessed by a connecting door) had one double bed and a sofa bed. (Which is quite big and comfortable :) ) This room also has a tv and plenty of floor space to access the whole room.

The bathroom is sort of like a wet room - one half is an open shower.
The sink/sideboard has a lot of space underneath for easy access.
The building the rooms are in has plenty of parking and is very close to hotel reception and dining facilities.

We were very impressed and the refurb has been done to a great standard.
We're going back to Santa Fe in Feb - we can't wait.

Thank you,sounds perfect!

Stayed here for 2 nights 28/10/14 to 30/10/14. I rang 3 days before to say that I would have extra adults in the room as using AP's and to request an area, I asked for Mater block near to the river.
We got a great room, room 24 ground floor in building 33. This was easy to access the main building and the river to walk to the parks.
I really like the refurbishment, I used to find the orange blocks quite ugly, but they are much improved especially when lit up in the dark. The room furnishings are also really good for storage. I requested a kettle and extra pillows which I got without a problem.
We went to breakfast early 7.15 both mornings and it was busy, but manageable at that time. They now serve the ham, 1 slice at a time which I suppose is to limit people from making sandwiches and they also now have fresh fruit salad as oposed to the tinned fruit that they used to have.

Stayed 22nd-27th Marc, 2015. Second time. Booked standard room. Got a room on ground floor in block 20 no.15. Very close to main building, so not worth paying extra. Good thing it was a one floor building, but we did have noisy neighbors: their kids were screaming, running, jumping and doing God knows what until midnight. Room was small, but clean, parking lot view, but who cares. Good stay for a good price. My boys love this hotel. They didn't give us a breakfast slot, gave breakfast cards and said not to pay attention to the time on it as "you can come anytime". If they say same thing to all guests, I doubt it's a good thing. We had 7.30 breakfast, no queues, but La cantina was full.

Does anyone know of a contact email address for the Santa Fe?

I'd rather email than telephone.

we just stayed at hotel Santa Fe for four nights. we stayed in block 14, room 140 which was on the first floor. the room was great, with bunk beds and being so close to the walkway to the parks. however, the lift was broken while we were there which was a pain. happy to answer any questions

Hi, I'm looking at booking here for January and notice on the expedia site that there's a few different options for room - Standard Room, Cars Standard Room Riverside, Cars Standard Room near facilities.

Is there any difference in the actual rooms or is it just the location?

Is it really far between buildings?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm looking at booking here for January and notice on the expedia site that there's a few different options for room - Standard Room, Cars Standard Room Riverside, Cars Standard Room near facilities.

Is there any difference in the actual rooms or is it just the location?

Is it really far between buildings?

Many thanks in advance.
To me, there is no difference besides the location. I always chose riverside as you are usually closer to the park. And I think it's about 5 minutes max. between the buildings at the beginning of the resort and those at the end? Probably less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!