Hotels within walking distance to USH?

hkkatie

Mouseketeer
I've searched through several pages of threads, but there doesn't seem to be much current information about Universal Studios. Just wondering if there are any hotels within walking distance besides the Sheraton and the Hilton? I've looked at Google Maps and there doesn't seem to be much. Just wondering if there is a hidden gem that I'm missing. I'm going to be CA for a few days in October and I'm trying to see if I can fit a trip to USH in to see Harry Potter World. I won't have a car, which is why I'm wondering about walking distance.

You are right, there are only the Sheraton and Hilton within walking distance. The park was originally and still is a working studio, located at the top of a hill in what is essentially a commercial district.

If you dont drive and dont want to stay at either the Sheridan or Hilton, my advice would be to stay somewhere in Hollywood, near a Metro station. The Red Line metro goes through Hollywood and the second last stop is Universal City. When you come up to ground level, walk across the street and there is a free shuttle bus up to City Walk / Park entrance.

I have done this twice and never had any issues. I dont drive either and use public transport when I go to LA.

Sportsmen's Lodge and The Garland have free shuttles and possibly more in Burbank have shuttles or free shuttles.

THere are a few a short Uber ride away: Tilt, BLvD, El Royal, etc.

Last edited:

Tilt is also within walking distance if you don't mind walking up a huge hill. But yes, plenty with free shuttles or a quick uber ride. The Loews at Hollywood and Highland is really nice and right by the metro station. If you want more affordable/decent I've also stayed at the Blvd across the street from H&H and it's a fine base for sightseeing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!