Hotels

markey

DIS Veteran
I'm been to SW, but always as a side trip from WDW. We told the kids while at Universal in August that we would go to SW in 2003. Would like to plan on 2 days there and will not be visiting anyother parks. Which are the best hotels close to SW for only a SW trip. Did consider staying at Universal because we loved HRH and RP and would like to stay at all three but did not want to tease the kids and not go to the parks, been there the last 2 years. We will have a car. Thanks

The best is the Renaissance Resort, right across from SW. You can easily walk to the park. They have tennis, an Olympoic sized pool, three restaurants, and a health club.

800-468-3571

If you don't mind driving along IDrive you have a large choice of hotels to suit all budgets. I like the Wyndham on the Corner of I-Drive and Sandlake road. It's a reasonable price, has a good pool area, very nice gardens, one of the best breakfasts in Orlando, a number of decent restaurants on site and is very centally located along IDrive if you'd rather walk to one of the local restaurants.

Across the street from SW is the Hilton Vacation CLub - you can have a 2 or 3 bedroom villa. (also have 1-bedroom and studios)

Stay at the Renaissance since it's right across the street from SWF.
http://renaissancehotels.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=MCOSR&checked=True&Marriott_BD={EED8DD53-5AD9-4ACA-AC11-D58A34E820A4}
Stayed there last year when we visited DC/SWF. It was really nice to drive out of DC, down the street to the hotel, change cloths, then literally walk to SWF to watch fireworks.
They lower their rates for holidays like July 4th, that's a good time to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter