Hotwire Help with hotel

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
I am seeing a Hot rate 3 star hotel for $100/night with airport shuttle. It is under the Bonnet Creek area. This is for July 26. I am wondering if any pros feel this may be a Disney Value. It has a 4.2/5 rating. I have been really wanting to get a mod room, but havent found any in 4 star category with shuttle. Willing to book a value if high probability of Disney resort. Thanks for any help.

Try better bidding.com. they collect info about what people actually get so it can help narrow the possibilities.

does it shows hotel/resort fee? if it does it is not, but it might be swan or dolphin technically not Disney but you know inside the bubble. Good luck and report back on what you end up getting.

does it shows hotel/resort fee? if it does it is not, but it might be swan or dolphin technically not Disney but you know inside the bubble. Good luck and report back on what you end up getting.
Swan & Dolphin aren't 3* hotels. They're in the same category as the DIsney Deluxe resorts. They also don't offer a free shuttle from the airport, but the OP didn't really mention the word free. Regardless of the shuttle, it wouldn't be one of those.

Last edited:

Sorry, I'm just going to add more confusion, but does Hotwire really consider the value resorts 3*? In reality, they're not 3* hotels nor are the moderates 4* hotels. The deluxe resorts are 4*. Only the 4 Seasons Resort is 5*.

OP, sorry for the mini hi-jack, but IMO Hotwire listing the values & moderates that high would be deceitful. It's good to know they overrate the hotels, if I decide to use them.

I am seeing a Hot rate 3 star hotel for $100/night with airport shuttle. It is under the Bonnet Creek area. This is for July 26. I am wondering if any pros feel this may be a Disney Value. It has a 4.2/5 rating. I have been really wanting to get a mod room, but havent found any in 4 star category with shuttle. Willing to book a value if high probability of Disney resort. Thanks for any help.

I'm looking at it, and I'm like 99% sure it's Disney. Airport shuttle and no resort fee. With the 4.2 rating, it's either All Star Sports or Pop.

Sorry, I'm just going to add more confusion, but does Hotwire really consider the value resorts 3*? In reality, they're not 3* hotels nor are the moderates 4* hotels. The deluxe resorts are 4*. Only the 4 Seasons Resort is 5*.

OP, sorry for the mini hi-jack, but IMO Hotwire listing the values & moderates that high would be deceitful. It's good to know they overrate the hotels, if I decide to use them.

I don't think Hotwire is overrating hotels.
Values are 3 stars. Moderates and DVC are 3.5 stars. Deluxes are 4 stars, with a couple (like GF) being 4.5. No Disney resort is listed at 5 stars.

If you look at the Hotwire star classification guide, the resorts are accurately classified. The Values' rooms aren't fancy, but they have restaurants, bell services, etc. that makes them a step up from a 2.5 star hotel.

Definitely not Swolphin. They do not have airport shuttles, and are 4 stars, not 3.

I don't think Hotwire is overrating hotels.
Values are 3 stars. Moderates and DVC are 3.5 stars. Deluxes are 4 stars, with a couple (like GF) being 4.5. No Disney resort is listed at 5 stars.

If you look at the Hotwire star classification guide, the resorts are accurately classified. The Values' rooms aren't fancy, but they have restaurants, bell services, etc. that makes them a step up from a 2.5 star hotel.
That's good to know. I go by AAA ratings & wouldn't have thought to research Hotwire's rating system.

Sorry Im just getting back to this post. It's been crazy. It lists airport shuttle but it doesn't list any other fees. Wouldn't the parking fee be listed if it were a WDW resort?

Sorry Im just getting back to this post. It's been crazy. It lists airport shuttle but it doesn't list any other fees. Wouldn't the parking fee be listed if it were a WDW resort?

No. Hotwire does not list any non-mandatory fees in the blind bookings. On the other hand, many opaque listings will tout "free parking" as an amenity. If a listing doesn't mention parking at all, there's probably (but not definitely) a fee to park. Since bringing a car is optional, the parking fee is also optional.

There are NO non-Disney hotels in the Bonnet Creek area on Hotwire with an airport shuttle. It's just too far from the airport for any of the other hotels to run one.

No. Hotwire does not list any non-mandatory fees in the blind bookings. On the other hand, many opaque listings will tout "free parking" as an amenity. If a listing doesn't mention parking at all, there's probably (but not definitely) a fee to park. Since bringing a car is optional, the parking fee is also optional.

There are NO non-Disney hotels in the Bonnet Creek area on Hotwire with an airport shuttle. It's just too far from the airport for any of the other hotels to run one.

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the mention.

We have actually just released a new tool to identify Hotwire hotels:
RevealHotels.com

We hope you find it useful and welcome any feedback.
I used the new site last night revealhotels.com Right on the money. It made things so much easier.

I used the new site last night revealhotels.com Right on the money. It made things so much easier.
GREAT!!

Glad to hear you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you like the new site and find it easy to use. :)

We have received a LOT of good feedback on it so far!

Thanks for the mention.

We have actually just released a new tool to identify Hotwire hotels:
RevealHotels.com

We hope you find it useful and welcome any feedback.

I'm trying to get swan or dolphin... Swan I know is 4.5 so it's easier to pick out.

There is a 4 Star Hotel in Bonnet Creek Area
4.3/5 Rating (matches Dolphin)
Resort Fees are $34 a night (which matches up with Swan/Dolphin

Amenities
Business center
Fitness center
Golf nearby
Internet access
Pool(s)
Resort
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Spa services

Says either Hyatt, Westin, Sheraton or Intercontinental

Hotwire has it for $139

But Reveal can't identify it...

Hi, if you post the dates of your stay (or if not comfortable with that you can send via PM) i'll have a look at the offer. :)

I'm trying to get swan or dolphin... Swan I know is 4.5 so it's easier to pick out.

There is a 4 Star Hotel in Bonnet Creek Area
4.3/5 Rating (matches Dolphin)
Resort Fees are $34 a night (which matches up with Swan/Dolphin

Amenities
Business center
Fitness center
Golf nearby
Internet access
Pool(s)
Resort
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Spa services

Says either Hyatt, Westin, Sheraton or Intercontinental

Hotwire has it for $139

But Reveal can't identify it...
FYI: Right now the Swan is a 4 star on Hotwire and a 4.5 on PL. I don't think this is the Swan but just wanted to let you know in case you dismiss a 4 star deal for the Swan. I found the same deal as you above a week ago and couldn't get reveal to come up with a match either but it looks like the Dolphin to me too. I wasn't ready to pull the trigger anyway so didn't follow up but if no one here can confirm what this is, you could try going to the better bidding site.

I think i'm seeing the same hotel as you, but the price is $119... are you by chance searching for 3adults/0children (which then increases the price of the hotel i'm seeing to $139/nite)

The $139/nite property (when searching for 3adults) looks like the Dolphin to me and would be my guess.

If you're not searching for 3adults then we may be seeing different properties so post back and i'll investigate further.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts