House of Blues or Raglan Road...

FunkyDuckToo

My DISNEY HEART belongs to DONALD!!
Cannot decide between House of Blues or Raglan Road for our Disney Springs Evening. Is HOB good? I've eaten at RR previously but never HOB. Thoughts on the food quality and the atmosphere at HOB would be appreciated. We are a party of 6 adults, 1 child.

They're kind of at 2 opposite ends of Disney Springs.

I haven't been to HOB in about a decade....i remember the food being decent, but we also went to their early afternoon happy hour.

I really think it depends on what type of food/atmosphere you're looking for...

I vote for Raglan Roads.

I think the food is great at both places but the atmosphere and entertainment is way better at Raglan Roads than HOB. The other reason I would pick Raglan Road is that HOB is a chain so you can eat at HOB elsewhere throughout the U.S.A. but there is ONLY one Raglan Road and it has some of the best Irish food that you will find.

Personally I’d definitely go for HOB. Never had a bad meal there.
Only ate at RR once and had a very poor meal. I would only go again to have a drink and enjoy the floor show.

We ate there in April and May. In April they were out of everything we tried to order and week before last the food was plain inedible! The cornbread was very over cooked. And the shrimp and grits had a very weird cake. I thought it was gross.

These are currently my two favorite restaurants at Disney Springs. There will be more entertainment at Raglan Road, unless you go to House of Blues for a concert or dine in their patio area when they have live music. I like the food at both places. Some favorite items at HOB were the pimento cheese appetizer and the barbecue beef tacos. My favorite item at RR used to be the vegetarian quinoa burger (even though I'm not vegetarian, it was just really good) but they took it off the menu, so I am looking for a new favorite food there.

Food is so subjective. But the reason I would choose Raglan Road over HOB is just because Raglan Road is something you can only do at Disney. HOB is a chain you can do in many cities across the country, and the menu/food preparations are that of chain quality as well.

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!! I ended up booking Raglan Road for us again! We have only been there once but the Bread and Butter Pudding is calling my name! ...and with all of your comments...it seemed to be the overwhelming winner. Again, thank you.

Raglan hands down. We have eaten at HOB twice and while the food is good (Lobster Mac-N-Cheese) - RR atmosphere is just so much better! Live music outside and the dancers inside - the food is top notch and they have won award after award for their cuisine. We hit RR each and every year and are never disappointed!

I personally thought the food at HOB was mediocre. Good service but my local Applebee-type restaurant is equivalent. Raglan Road isn't exactly gourmet but I thought the food was better and I preferred the atmosphere. HOB was shouting room only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter