• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

House Of Blues

dislady

Earning My Ears
It is my husband's first time at disney. He plays guitar in a band so I decided to make PS for House of Blues. How is the atmosphere and the food??

Jen

Two thumbs up! My husband and I love HOB. We went twice on our last trip. The atmosphere is casual and family friendly. We had no trouble getting the two of us in and the food was delicious! We especially loved the fried calamari and the etouffe'(sorry for the spelling:).
Give it a try! I bet your guitar playing husband will like it.
It's on our "to do" list again......

Jill

We love HOB! My hubby plays too. We ate inside the restaurant last August - cool music and stuff to look at - and sat outside on the back porch overlooking the water Easter week - gorgeous!
In August we got shrimp po boys, delicious, but no longer on the menu. Last trip hubby and I shared Vodoo Shrimp appetizer and Jambalaya both wonderful, and cold Coronas went great with it. The kids got a burger and mac n cheese. My dd who had the mac n cheese declared it the best she's ever eaten and even asked for the recipe. Our server laughed and said they won't give it out, even to her. Don't miss the cornbread... out of this world! Very good service, and laid back atmosphere. I have to say it was our favorite meal last trip.

HOB is a personal favorite. I have to visit at least once when I'm in WDW or Las Vegas.

Love the food and the atmosphere.

::MickeyMo The Sunday Brunch at the HOB is to die for !!! I've never seen so much food,even Bloody Mary's or Mimosas if you like. They have a very lively Gospel Choir that's wonderful, and that's coming from an Episcopalian...ha! My husband and I were celebrating our anniv so along with several other couples we got on stage with the group.Had a ball, and my husband is shy, but he loved it !!And you will,too !!::MinnieMo

Hi,

HOB is great! Go early to aviod crowds. 11 a.m. is perfect for lunch. Not sure about dinner! Enjoy!

Allison

We ate at the HOB last year twice for lunch, it's usually a first day tradition. We all loved it, the food is good and the atmosphere is nice!! Try it! I also love the outside seating area!!

We love HOB. We try to eat there on every trip, the food and atmosphere are great. We have had there meatloaf & Jambalaya dinners and they are very good. The Rosemary corn bread w/ maple butter is out of this world also.

My husband and I drove three hours each way one day I had off just to eat lunch at HOB! The food is excellent. I will agree with previous posters don't miss the cornbread it is to die for! Also the red beans and rice and stone oven baked pizzas are good. I hope you and your hubbie have a wonderful time. HOB has a web site with a detailed calendar of what's going on when I would check it out to pick a good time to go.

Wishing you the best vacation ever.

We loved HOB...just ate there last week! We had the calamari appetizer, DH had the Jumbalaya, and I had the grilled chicken.... All highly recommended! Delicious meal, and nice atmosphere! :smooth:

Thank you for all the feddback Leave in eight days!!! Trying to get my hubby excited, even showed him all the responses in regards to this thread. He says he will get excited when his feet touch down in Florida. We are such opposites...but it works...balance.

Jen

:cheer2:JAMBALAYA!! JAMBALAYA!! :cheer2:

We absolutly love the JAMBALAYA. We have a House of Blues in Chicago too - love this restaurant.

Gotta Love the House of Blues. I think it is some of the best food in Disney and as far as I remember, not too expensive compared to other sit downs in WDW. I took some real cute pictures there too! And they have a neat gift shop with unique gifts.:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter