Housekeeping Deferral Still Available - Pop Century?

charleswise

Earning My Ears
We are checking in to Pop Century in a few weeks. As I general rule, I keep the 'do not disturb' sign on the door as we usually do not need any housekeeping. Does anyone one know if Pop Century still will give a credit for deferring housekeeping services? I figure if they do i might as well take advantage on it. Thanks!

Make sure you ask at the desk. We tried to call, and it wasn't possible to do on the phone. By the time I made it to the desk the following day, I was told it was too late for us to take advantage of the offer. We were only there 2 nights, though, which was probably why.

We plan to be there Jan9, so hope this is available. To get clean towels, more toiletries, we just ask at front desk? Put soiled towels in hamper out in hall?

We plan to be there Jan9, so hope this is available. To get clean towels, more toiletries, we just ask at front desk? Put soiled towels in hamper out in hall?
Yes, ask at the desk for anything you would need. There is no longer a housekeeping button on the phone. I'm still really not sure what guests who are opting out of housekeeping are supposed to do with used towels. We were only there two nights so didn't need anything. I did want to get rid of some used towels, though, so I tried giving them to a housekeeper when the cart was near our room. She seemed not to want them. I ended up taking them to the poolside towel bin as someone else on this board said they had done. We didn't have a hamper. I've only had one of those at select deluxe resorts.

We were at Pop in September. The way it works is, you get $10.00 per night minus one night. On the 3rd day, housekeeping will enter the room to take the trash and dirty towels and leave clean ones. On day 5, they change your sheets, trash and towels.

We were at Pop in September. The way it works is, you get $10.00 per night minus one night. On the 3rd day, housekeeping will enter the room to take the trash and dirty towels and leave clean ones. On day 5, they change your sheets, trash and towels.
I think I read on this board that they had stopped the "trash and towels" service on select days for the housekeeping opt-out offer. Now apparently it is all or nothing. Guests who choose no housekeeping will still receive the gift card using the formula # of nights - one (number of nights minus one), they have just eliminated housekeeping entering the room for trash/towels/sheets.

What to do with those used towels remains a mystery to me, especially without housekeeping coming into switch out used ones with clean. We stayed at Pop two nights recently. We didn't need any more towels but just wanted to get a few used ones out of our room. I tried to give our used towels to the housekeeper when I noticed the cart parked near our room, but she didn't seem to want them. I ended up taking ours to the poolside towel bin.

Staying at CSR is December and interested in possibly taking advantage of this. But curious about the whole towels/trash/sheet, etc thing so following this topic.

I am thinking of doing this for our July trip. Can you go to the front desk to request this even if you get the "your room is ready" text?

I am thinking of doing this for our July trip. Can you go to the front desk to request this even if you get the "your room is ready" text?

You can ALWAYS go to the front desk. They are not going to say “We can’t talk to you because you got a text.”

The last time I opt-out was last October. I had to take my trash out myself to the trash cans near the elevators or the vending machines. As for the towels I know you can call the front desk to get clean ones, but I since I'm traveling solo didn't need to.

This thread is nearly 7 months old. Info may be outdated.
The last time I opt-out was last October. I had to take my trash out myself to the trash cans near the elevators or the vending machines. As for the towels I know you can call the front desk to get clean ones, but I since I'm traveling solo didn't need to.
Are the trash cans near the elevators or vending machines now intended for room trash?

This thread is nearly 7 months old. Info may be outdated.

Are the trash cans near the elevators or vending machines now intended for room trash?

I don't know... But I won't let a week's worth of trash pile up in my room. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter