Housekeeping Deferral Still Available - Pop Century?

But this whole thread is about opting out of housekeeping. :rolleyes2
Yes. That’s my confusion. I thought you said you wanted to opt out of Housekeeping and collect the Gift Card for doing that. Right? But didn’t you then need to take out trash which is a Housekeeping service? You said you took your trash to the trash bin near the elevator and I asked if they now provide a way to do that. I’m not sure if it works both ways. Am I overthinking this?

I simply grabbed the used towels and put them in the housekeepers carts near my room in the afternoons...same with trash, and then grabbed towels off the carts. Probably not the way it is supposed to be done, but it worked for me.

Yes. That’s my confusion. I thought you said you wanted to opt out of Housekeeping and collect the Gift Card for doing that. Right? But didn’t you then need to take out trash which is a Housekeeping service? You said you took your trash to the trash bin near the elevator and I asked if they now provide a way to do that. I’m not sure if it works both ways. Am I overthinking this?
Somewhere I saw where someone posted a picture of the paper they were given that explained how opting out works. Perhaps someone could post it on this thread if they know where it was located.

it sounds like you're over thinking it. Opting out of housekeeping doesn't mean you have to leave your trash in your room the entire time. If you see a large trashcan somewhere nearby why couldn't you take your own trash and dump it? That's not utilizing housekeeping that's just throwing away your trash - like you might do when stopping for gas and throwing away any garbage from inside your car into the trashcans located next to the pumps.

We saved some bags we got when making purchases or getting to go food from food court and use them as trash bags and throw them away in the. If bins along the walkway to the bus. If we had food leftovers etc we just took that out (stairway right next to our room has a trash can).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter