• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How about another tip.

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Living on the west coast my wife and I have committed outselves to try to find ways to travel lighter. It’s only recently we realized we did not need to bring our whole house with us, always seemed like we did. 2 checkins, a Carryon and a back pack each. Try juggling that in a busy airport on your way to getting your car. Unpacking when you get to your resort is a trip in itself. Yes we also have to bring a ton of hangers with us because the 20 the resort leaves in the closet just isn’t enough for a one week trip. Then when it’s time to leave you realize you didn’t need 15 shirts each, 12 pairs of pants, 15 pairs of shorts, 18 pairs of sox’s and underwear not to mention the outrageous amount of shoes, sandals, flip flops, bathing suits, blow dryer even though the resort supply’s one, my wife says it’s not as good as the one she has. Her own lighted make up mirror, also the one the resort has is not powerful enough. Not sure why you need to look at each individual cell. All the full size toiletries you can get in a suit case with out going over the 50lb limit. I can’t tell you how many times we have been charged for going over the limit. I have not even gotten to the cereal, wine, wine glasses, cartons of non refrigerated milk, crackers, nuts well I can go on and on. It’s not until our last trip to DW a week ago when we tried something new (to us). Bring only enough for the days your there, nothing more. The anxiety built when we left Vegas airport with a Carry on and a back pack. Will we be able to make our 4 day trip with only enough for 4 days? That includes using the resort blow dryer, make up mirror. Etc. Well with a little help from the other amenities that Orlando offers our packing light was a complete success, we even had a few things we could have done without.
1st we subscribed to the Owners locker. We filled it last time with things we usually have to bring every time with us. Like a small Keurig machine, pods, bottles of wine, our favorite wine glasses, umbrellas, ponchos, toiletries, first aid kit, water bottles, well you get my drift. It stays in Orlando and when we are coming to town we just let them know when and what resort and they deliver it to Valet the day you are to arrive and when you get to your room you call valet and they bring it up to you. You unlock it and low and behold you never have to pack any of these items again. The day you are leaving you pack it and lock it up, call Valet and they come and get it and soon it’s off to a storage facility until the next time you come. And that’s not all,
Days before we are to arrive we call one of the many convenient companies in Orlando that will shop for your groceries including liquor and will deliver it the day you arrive to Valet and it stays refrigerated until you call valet and have them bring it up to your room. Now you can sit back open a bottle of wine, beer, or your favorite beverage and toast to a fun, peaceful and restful vacation. (good luck with that) enjoy.

This worked again very well for our trip to DW earily 2022. We did not miss the rest of the house we usually pack and never use. In April/May we took our Great Grandson and family to Disneyland. We drove so we did pack the house since we had room for it in our SUV. We are going back to DW mid June and we will be very careful with our packing but the first half of the trip will be at the Disneys Vero Beach Resort so I don’t think they will deliver the owners locker there, I may be wrong. Looking forward to a relaxing trip on the beach and then returning to DW for the last few days of our trip. It will probably be so hot we will spend most of our time in the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter