• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How About DLR 3rd gate becoming a AP holder gate only!

Guy-Disney

Earning My Ears
just a thought to alleviate crowds in the other 2 parks! after star wars land and marvel lands open up! share your thoughts on this armchair imagineering idea!

it would never fly. Per Capita spending of AP holder vs. vacation guests in general is much lower.

Not sure why this got moved to the DL Community board...where good threads go to die.

I don't think a park for just AP holders is the best idea...even though I'm an AP family. But I certainly DO think Disney should've built a third gate instead of cramming another 20,000 into DL every single day.

There's a fellow AP-holder that I see most Sundays at the park. She always advocates a line just for AP holders. While I see the advantage for the likes of us, I don't see what's in it for the great and powerful DL.

There did used to be a line just for APs, but it was a fiasco. Guests could not understand that AP only really meant AP only, not AP + all friends and family who aren't APs but who are with the AP and who want a shorter/faster moving line. So now, the lines are for everyone, regardless of entry media.

I don't see how a third gate exclusively for APs would make a significant difference in lowering the crowds. If the last two weeks of 2016 were any indication, all APs except Signature, Signature Plus, and Premier were blocked, but the parks were both very, very crowded. During the summers when the lower passes are blocked, the parks are still very crowded.

There did used to be a line just for APs, but it was a fiasco. Guests could not understand that AP only really meant AP only, not AP + all friends and family who aren't APs but who are with the AP and who want a shorter/faster moving line. So now, the lines are for everyone, regardless of entry media.

I don't see how a third gate exclusively for APs would make a significant difference in lowering the crowds. If the last two weeks of 2016 were any indication, all APs except Signature, Signature Plus, and Premier were blocked, but the parks were both very, very crowded. During the summers when the lower passes are blocked, the parks are still very crowded.
yes the park would be delightful during the summer when most Ap holders are blocked off

Does gate refer to entrance, line to ride rides, or whole different park? Because 3rd is impractical, where would they put the first, and how would the first and second help crowds at all? I'm just puzzled...

yes the park would be delightful during the summer when most Ap holders are blocked off

Perhaps you misunderstood my meaning? The parks are anything but "delightful" during summer months when the lower passes are blocked. Even with those passes blocked, the parks are still very crowded with day guests (ask anyone who has visited on a Saturday during June-August), so siphoning passholders off to a third gate won't do anything to create the empty parks you dream of.

Does gate refer to entrance, line to ride rides, or whole different park? Because 3rd is impractical, where would they put the first, and how would the first and second help crowds at all? I'm just puzzled...

Third gate refers to a third theme park, with DL and DCA being parks one and two.

Third gate refers to a third theme park, with DL and DCA being parks one and two.

Ah. Not practical and wouldn't help anyway. Trouble is everyone wants to be in DLR anyway. I can take or leave DCA (except for screaming) but I do a park hopper to get away from DL afternoon crowds.

The real problem, I've decided, is DL's tiny, tiny footprint. I don't actually like MK more but I've got to say I felt a lot less like I was about to be trampled by a herd of wild eyed stroller wielding buffalo. Which is exactly how I feel between late afternoon and fireworks time at DLR. MK just has much larger "roads". A "9" crowd at MK does not feel nearly as claustrophobic as a "9" crowd at DL, imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter