How About Some Introductions?

Hi, everyone! I've been on the Teen Boards for a long time but due to present circumstances, I figured it was high time I introduced myself here. My name's Elisah, and I'm a freshman theatre major! (not freshman for much longer though!!!)

I'm gonna be working at Disney World this SUMMER for a unique opportunity. It's not exactly the DCP, but I'll be working with people doing Fall Advantage. It's just for the summer, and I'll be living about fifteen minutes away with people on my own trip. It's kind of hard to explain, it's through a different organization that partners with Disney. But yeah, I'll be working in Food Service in the Magic Kingdom, and beyond that, I won't know more details until I get down there.

As you can probably imagine, I am... JUST the tiniest bit excited! Also, I've never been to WDW before!!! I've been to DL in Cali nine times now, but never to Orlando, and I'm freaking out just a little bit.

More facts about me.... I'm a writer (I've written two novels, one of which I'm currently rewriting), I'm a musician (I play ukulele and piano and also kinda sing a little bit), I'm an artist, I love drawing, especially cartooning, and theatre and acting is my life. I would love to ultimately be able to perform or voice act for Disney in the future. Or even write and direct my own show (like Alex Hirsch!)

Well, I guess I've rambled on a lot now, I'm excited to poke around the College Board, and get even more pumped for the summer!! Feel free to message me or chat, I love talking to people! (and I love talking in general....)

Figure I should finally do an introduction post.

Hey all, I'm Michael/Mike, and I'm currently a Journalism and Political Science major at SUNY New Paltz - a small liberal arts school in the Hudson Valley region of New York. I've been to Disney over eight times, with the most recent being this past November with the rest of my family. Favorite character is Stitch (as you can probably tell), and yeah. That's about all

I am also a Disney College Program Alumni - I participated in the Spring Advantage program last year (2015) and worked at Animal Kingdom, outdoor vending. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about the application process, interviews, or just what it's like.

Hi. New here, I'm on other Disney Boards, but figured I should make an introduction.

I'm Missy. I'm a senior Business Administration major at a small private school in Maryland. I'll be graduating in December, and I turn 21 on Friday. I've been to WDW...a few times, and my third time to DL will be in June. I've also been to Aulani and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort (my parents are DVC members)

I play piano, I've been reteaching myself violin after years of not being able to play, and I'm teaching myself viola. I'm also a soprano in my school's choir. Puedo hablar español.

Happy to be here! Love that there's a dedicated spot for college students.

Hey all, I'm Hannah!

I go to University of St. Thomas in Minnesota. I am a junior double major in environmental science and biology. I am the captain of the cheerleading team at my school and an environmental intern at a large energy company.

I've been to WDW around 8 times and fall more in love every time I go. My hope is to visit all of the parks in my lifetime! My favorite character is Rapunzel because she is so driven and spunky. My favorite ride is the Haunted Mansion because it is just classic Disney. It is nice to finally be in a community that my age and understands my deep love for Disney.

Best wishes:)

Hi everyone! I just joined!

My name is Danielle, and I just graduated with a degree in Interaction Design this month! I don't really know if this qualifies me for the college boards anymore, but I figured I'd post anyway. I live in Chicago and love all things Disney.

I've visited WDW 5-6 times and Disneyland once. I've got a huge love for Epcot as well as its surrounding resorts. I have too many favorite characters to count, but if I had to narrow them down to three, they'd be Mike Wazowski, Max Goof, and Snow White! I joined this site because I need a community to discuss Disney with that really understands and are maybe even close to my age. This year I applied for the fall DCP and some PIs which did not end up working out, but I've not given up hope for the future. While my dreams to work for Disney are currently on the backburner, I may apply for the DCP or some Professional Internships in the next round as I do have one chance left after graduating.
That's all I've got to say for now! I really hope to be active on these boards and am excited to discuss Disney with you all :yay:

Hey everyone, my name is Katelyn (Katy) and I am starting in the cultural representative program at WDW in October. I've been to twice to both WDW and DL. I am a fourth year marketing major student, so I'll be finishing up here soon and I'm excited to be spending a year down in WDW!

Hi there:-)

I'm a brand new member on these boards, my name is Lily and I'm from the UK. I'm currently at a professional performing arts college studying Dance and Musical Theatre in London but I'm originally from Leeds (which is in Yorkshire, the North of England).

I'm a hugeeee Disney fan, I love everything Disney! I've been to Disneyland Paris twice and Walt Disney World 5 times, the last time being last Summer. I love everything about going to Orlando, really I just love the US in general haha.

Aside from that I'm into health and fitness, travelling, reading and music!

I'm excited to speak to like minded people who love Disney as much as I do!

Hey all!

I'm Sara, a Fall 2016 Professional Intern at Disney's Animal Kingdom Veterinary Hospital. I'll be living at Falcon Square. I watch a lot of DCP videos because the processes seem pretty similar. If anyone has questions about how PI's are different from DCP, send me a PM and I'll try to get you some answers!

If you are curious about my background and how I was accepted for this role:
I graduated on May 14th with an A.S. in Animal Health Technology (Veterinary Technician) and before that I earned a B.S. in Animal Science with a focus in large animal and equine medicine. I also volunteered with a wild parrot organization and several other animal organizations. I interned with an Equine mobile veterinary clinic, an emergency hospital, and an equine dental specialty. I am obsessed with horses, and they are my favorite patients to work with, but I also love pocket pets like rats, hamsters, and other small critters. I'll be studying for my board exams to become a Registered Veterinary Technician (CA title) during my program.

In my spare time I like to play tennis, paddle board, read books, and sew. I collect dinosaur figurines and am somewhat of an "armchair Paleontologist", if you will! I think the most exciting part about working at DAK is that they have Dinoland USA! I have not been since 2005, so I'm excited to ride Expedition Everest (which was under construction last time I visited) and to see all the new night-time attractions.

I can't wait to meet other PI's and CP's!

Last edited:
I am Taylor 20 and i new to disboards and i am thinking about going to college in journalism. I am a big Disney parks fan and have been so many times i cant count, and I am an annual passholder, and I am going back in July. I like watching movies, anime, Youtube videos, and playing video games. Also i am pretty much an expert on the Disney resort hotels.

Hi Everyone! My name is Cree, I'm 20 from Sussex, UK. I'll be taking part in the Cultural Rep program Autumn 2016-2017. I'll be working in the UK Pav in Merchandise! A big Disney fan (Obviously) yet I've only visited WDW twice... back when Skyway was still in operation in 1998/1999! DLP in 2007/2009/2010. At the moment I'm helping out in my family's record store until I leave! Disney aside I love music, art and drawing...a LOT of drawing.

I can't wait to move down and make some new friends! ^_^

WOW! Uhh, Hi I'm actually an OLD member here and remembered my password for my account.

For those of you that are new, I'm Valerie and it's nice to meet you all!
I'll probably pop up from time to time because I'm in college majoring in Communication Design/New Media.

(I posted this in the Teen Disney board because I used to be very active there, and I completely forgot there's a college board too pfft.)

Hey everyone, I'm Abi! I'm starting college in the fall with an intended major in Business Management. Haven't used Disboards in a while but figured now's prime time to get back on since in just a year or two I'm hoping to be applying to the Disney College Program! Nice to meet you all!

Hello, new to the Boards so thought I would introduce myself here. I am a medical student, got my degree in Biology and Genetics at Johns Hopkins University in Maryland. Currently taking time off before medical school and in mean time been making a living as a professional artist and also currently writing history books for publishers, but art takes up most of my time. I wish I knew about the Disney College Program, but I don't think I would have had time with my science major but have classmates and friends who are doing it. I just came back from my first ever trip to Orlando and Disney World and was super happy with the trip. Hope to go back again soon.

Hi everyone! I'm Jasper, 24 years old, actually born less than two weeks after the opening of Disneyland Paris! I'm (hopefully) about to finish my masters in History in the Netherlands and hope to find a job soon. I actually promised myself to put my first paycheck towards a trip to Disney World.

When I was a child we almost annually went to Disneyland Paris, since I went to high school regrettably a lot less. Last time there was in 2010 but I will be going again next month and am already planning for a new trip in September. I went to WDW once in 2013 (only Epcot and Animal Kingdom, I was just four days in Orlando including for the flight back) and am planning to go for at least a week in 2018.

Hi! My name is Amanda. I'm very new here, though I was fairly active about six years back. Since then, I have lost my login information, so I've decided to start anew here.

I'm currently a biology major and only one week away from graduation (eek FINALS). Since I'm one class away from an associates degree in Chemistry, I'll be getting that next semester. I'm an Intern at a local veterinary clinic focusing on small animals and my summer job for the last few years has been at the local children's zoo. I spend a lot of my time working, so I also take care of lab animals as well.

For the last 3 semesters, I have been researching tuberculosis in regards to antibiotic resistance and (hopefully) some of my research should be published soon.

I'm planning to apply to the CP program (or PI, if any are available) for the spring 2018 session, so hopefully, I have that to look forward to. For my graduation this year, myself, three friends, and four more of my family members are all roadtripping to Disney (a 20 hour drive for us). That's sure to be the trip of a lifetime :)

Hello everyone! :) My name is Alyssa. I've been on here for quite some time now. I'm usually active during the summers when I have more time. The last time I was on here I was in the Teen Board, but now that I am in college. I decided I would join the College Board. I'm 19 yrs old, and I'm attending community college here in Central Florida to earn my AA. I'm going to be a Sophomore this upcoming Fall semester. Although I guess I currently am since I'm taking two classes over the summer. I will be transfering to UCF in the near future to complete my Computer Science degree, and plan on getting my Master's as well!

I've recently just applied to work for Disney! I have my phone interview this upcoming Monday. So wish me luck, because this will be my first interview ever (my first job too, hopefully).

Anyway, I hope to get to know all of you, and see what The College Board has in store! :)

Hey! I'm Abi. I actually posted on this forum before starting college on a different account, but since I completely forgot my password here I am again! I go to the University of Georgia and I'll be a second semester sophomore in the fall. I'm a journalism major and hopefully that won't change again but this is probably my sixth major, haha. I plan on doing my CP sometime in the next few years and can't wait to get to know you guys! I also have a Disney Youtube & Instagram if any of you want to check it out (@abzindisney) and let me know if you have one as well--I would love to follow!

Hello hello hello! I'm really not a new member at all. I've been on the DIS since 2010, mostly on the Teen Board and the TR board, but I thought I might as well introduce myself to the College Board since I lurk around here and comment on occasion. My name's Timmy. I'm about to enter my senior year at Skidmore College in NY working on completing my major in Management & Business (with a minor in theater), but I'm a semester behind because I took a semester off to do the DCP this past fall. For my CP, I worked at Magic Kingdom as Custodial, primarily in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. I'm hoping to return to Disney after I graduate either doing another CP or a PI, preferably it'd be the PI, but I'll apply for both because I know either way I'm going to become a FT CM thereafter.

I like to think I'm very friendly, a tad shy, but friendly and I love answering questions about the CP since those seem to come up a lot so if you have something you want to ask one-on-one or just want to talk, don't be afraid to PM me. You also can follow me on Instagram @thatdisneykween or for my Disney photography @amagnoliainmay.

Much love and pixie dust! :tinker:

Hi ya! Totally new here, but no stranger to Disney! Just graduated from Cuyamaca with an associates in Communications, and finishing off a certificate in American Sign Language. Attempting to transfer to Fullerton in the spring after a failed attempt at getting into SDSU (COMPACTED!!!), but that's okay because I get a semester to take it easy!

I practically live at DL, never been to WDW, but I did just get back from my first trip to DLT/ TDS (Definitely not my last!). I have just secured tickets to D23 this July where I will be cosplaying as Baymax! And! Hoping to get into the CP for spring 2018! Wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!