How accessible is free water at QS?

DrFacilier

DIS Veteran
Basically, do you have to wait in a line or can you just walk up to a QS location and grab it and go even if you don't purchase anything?

Now that most places have a dedicated window for mobile pick up, I try to use that. It’s usually easier to get to because it is located on the side. And most people are waiting back until their name is called. In the other windows the people have moved forward to the pick up window, so it’s more crowded if they are busy.

Some places also have big dispensers of ice water in a separate location from the ordering and food pick-up area where you can just go and get a cup or even fill your water bottle. This was the case in front of Pinnochio Village Haus last week, although I think it was only during peak lunch hours.

Some places also have big dispensers of ice water in a separate location from the ordering and food pick-up area where you can just go and get a cup or even fill your water bottle. This was the case in front of Pinnochio Village Haus last week, although I think it was only during peak lunch hours.
I've also seen this in front of Crystal Palace frequently.

I did see people at a popcorn stand being told to wait in line to get free water. They got really angry but the stand didn’t have any premade and it made sense to not interrupt paying customers.
A popcorn stand with one person working is not the place to bypass the line to ask for water. It's fine to do it at a counter service location though with multiple people working.

They have large dispensers at Gaston's as well just inside the door. Unfortunately last week when we were there I witnessed a man putting his empty water bottle directly on the dispenser for his refill .

A popcorn stand with one person working is not the place to bypass the line to ask for water. It's fine to do it at a counter service location though with multiple people working.

It still keeps the CM from serving the paying customer - so what's the difference?

They have large dispensers at Gaston's as well just inside the door. Unfortunately last week when we were there I witnessed a man putting his empty water bottle directly on the dispenser for his refill .

Do you mean it touched the spout where the water came out?

It still keeps the CM from serving the paying customer - so what's the difference?

But you would bypass the line to pay at a counter service location. You can’t do that at a popcorn stand with one person taking money and filling orders. Counter service locations have several cm’s working behind the counter. Some are literally standing there just waiting on orders. Some might be filling up random drinks from the pop dispensers. Huge difference.

Basically, do you have to wait in a line or can you just walk up to a QS location and grab it and go even if you don't purchase anything?
I was told by a CM not to wait in line. And to just walk up to the counter and ask for one

DW does that all the time at Electric Umbrella in Epcot. Don't see the issue.

We did experience a popcorn cart CM tell us to wait in line...it was the cart just to the right of the Castle (if you're in the hub facing it). Wasn't a big deal, the line was very short, but we found it odd.

DW does that all the time at Electric Umbrella in Epcot. Don't see the issue.

We did experience a popcorn cart CM tell us to wait in line...it was the cart just to the right of the Castle (if you're in the hub facing it). Wasn't a big deal, the line was very short, but we found it odd.
I refill my water bottle at the quick service locations that have the soda machines available for anyone to use, I make sure that the bottle is not touching the spot where the water comes out.

I've had some of the carts not be able to accommodate - much better experience with QS. Last time I was there Columbia House had dispensers out as well

I always go to the counter where no people are standing and try to politely ask one of the cast members for a cup of water. Always free and you don't have to buy any food there!

How do you get by all the people in the queues waiting for their food, etc?

Push, shove, yell...whatever it takes, I'm thirsty... :drinking1

Actually, it's really not a big deal at all. Just go to the area where food pick up is and find the least crowded spot. It's usually not hard to find one where you can pretty much just walk up. Even if there are some people there, a few polite "excuse me, not cutting in front of you, just grabbing some water" and it's never a problem. Places that now have mobile ordering are even easier because that area is almost never crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter