How accurate are Touring Plans?

tara595

Earning My Ears
Hello!
I subscribed to touring plans for our trip next week. I just set up our first day at MK and it seems counter-intuitive. Which I guess is the point. It just has us going back and forth between lands. If you used a touring plan, how accurate is it? Should I be worried and just plan it on my own?

I'm sure I'm over thinking this - need some advice!

I created my own plans on TP's. Clicked on "evaluate" not "customize" because I wanted things in a specific order to avoid a lot of backtracking. Enter all the rides/FP times/meals/etc. Then let them optimize. Print it out. Then rearrange it to your liking, evaluate it, and compare. As to accuracy, I don't know. I've had good luck in the past, but something will come up (like a ride is down) to throw things off. Unexpected heavy crowds can throw the timing way off, too. You'll still have to figure things out and adjust.

Depending on what you are wanting to do, it sometimes has you criss-cross the park to get you smallest wait times. You can slide the marker to minimize walking to see if that helps more with the backtracking or use the evaluate button inside of optimize. I've used TPs multiple times and have always been pleased with how our plans worked out.

TPs is awesome. We put a plan together and then evaluate and make sure the walking speed is at its lowest (because we have a 6 year old) and we minimize walking.

I'm not sure if they've corrected their numbers yet, but just a warning that their crowd estimates and wait times were much too low last month.

I've been using them for the last year and it seems like they have been getting less and less accurate in the last month or so. They are re-calibrating their model so what some of us would consider a crowd level 9 would now be a 7 since not every day of the year can be a 9. I think it is worth it for access to the chat feature on the app alone. The touring plans were very helpful when I initially joined a year ago since I was brand new to Disney planning as an adult. Now that I finally have the hang of what my family likes, we don't follow TPs but the small hints and responsive Liners on chat have been SUPER helpful to renew my subscription.

We are not willing to criss cross the parks to get the lowest line times....I put must do rides in the order I want to do them and enter meal timing info. Then I evaluate and use the wait time estimates to do a little shuffling, add some attractions and determine the best use of our 3 FP+. Can't possibly be perfect, but it's fun to play with the options and I figure it is better than not having a clue at all.

We set ours to "minimize walking" and "slow pace". We ended up doing way better than it forecasted, which was great for breaks in between events!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter