How are Alerts supposed to work?

RivShore

DIS Veteran
Are the Alerts on Dis broken? I only occasionally get alerts for watched threads even though everything (except email notifications) is checked in preferences. Is it inconsistent for everyone or just me?

Last edited:
Do you actually go back to read those watched threads? The "Alert" will only alert you to the first new post since you last read the thread; subsequent posts will not alert if you haven't returned to the thread. Go to your watched threads and make sure there are no unread posts; in the sub-menu bar, you can select "Mark Forums Read" which will mark any unread posts as read. Then you should start receive Alerts again.

Do you actually go back to read those watched threads? The "Alert" will only alert you to the first new post since you last read the thread; subsequent posts will not alert if you haven't returned to the thread. Go to your watched threads and make sure there are no unread posts; in the sub-menu bar, you can select "Mark Forums Read" which will mark any unread posts as read. Then you should start receive Alerts again.

That's probaly what's happening, I expected to be alerted for all watched thread posts, whether I vised the page recently or not. I'll try the mark read option. Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter