How are people with disabilities being handled without fast pass?

Goldilocks07

A rockin' mom and her sweet princess
Apologies if this has been asked a million times- my cousin's child has health issues, and because of that he usually receives courtesy fastpasses for all of the rides in the park. Clearly, fastpasses aren't happening at the moment. What has been everyone else's experiences, and what is your advice? His illness is internal, not external. So it's not like he's rolling up on wheels or has crutches etc.

They go to WDW once a year, and have decided to YOLO it for this Thanksgiving coming up. Understandably, he is very anxious about the lack of fastpasses (for the safety of his son). I told him I'd ask my "friends' on the boards- to which he was very grateful.

Any and all advice are welcome. Thank you so much!

The only option is DAS. He needs to explain exactly why he cannot wait in the regular line.

if nothing about his condition prevents that, he will not be issued a DAS

I would go talk to GR and see if they can do the same accommodation as before. but as the PP said the DAS is really the only thing right now

Apologies for my ignorance, but what is DAS?
Disability access service it acts like a FP and more then likely what you are talking about it lets you get a FP for any ride You do wait the standby time then go in the FP line

DA S does not act like a fast pass. With a DAS, you go to the ride, ask for a return time for The DAS. You will be given a return time, minus the minutes, of the standby line. It allows a person who cannot wait in a regular line, to wait some place else. You then would return, scan the band's or cards and enter through the cast pass lan e. Only one DA S is given at a time.

Apologies if this has been asked a million times- my cousin's child has health issues, and because of that he usually receives courtesy fastpasses for all of the rides in the park. Clearly, fastpasses aren't happening at the moment. What has been everyone else's experiences, and what is your advice? His illness is internal, not external. So it's not like he's rolling up on wheels or has crutches etc.

They go to WDW once a year, and have decided to YOLO it for this Thanksgiving coming up. Understandably, he is very anxious about the lack of fastpasses (for the safety of his son). I told him I'd ask my "friends' on the boards- to which he was very grateful.

Can you dissuade them from going? If the kid's health concerns are so severe that they need almost immediate access to rides, and have petitioned strongly to get them (getting that many courtesy FP is very, very rare) it's really not in the best interest of the child to be going to a theme park in the middle of a pandemic. The parks are getting pretty crowded again, and Florida has given up on any kind of state responsibility to contain COVID.

I am thinking that your cousin actually gets the DAS pass since they don't usually hand out a bunch of FPs for people with medical issues. Maybe that is what your cousin was talking about. DAS works exactly the same as it did before. You get your return time and the cast member will tell you where to go(usually the FP line).

Yes, now that I understand what a DAS is, yes- that is what he normally receives. Makes more sense. Thank you.

Disability access service it acts like a FP and more then likely what you are talking about it lets you get a FP for any ride You do wait the standby time then go in the FP line

So is WDW accommodating people with the DAS pass? Will they be given a time to return... and then what? Break the line? I mean, there is no fast pass line anymore. Or so I thought.
Like, what do you mean you wait the standby time and THEN go to the FP line?

There is a FP queue, used for DAS, Rider Swap and I have heard there are a few "recovery" FPs which may be given out for various reasons. With the DAS, the party receives a return time, goes to do something else for essentially the duration of the standby, then comes back to the attraction at or after the specified time; at this point they will be directed to the FP queue. For the few attractions without a FP queue, they will be directed to an alternate entrance.

Info about how DAS works is in the first post here. It has not changed due to COVID-19.

I had an injury and used a wheelchair for part of our recent rip when i injured my foot.

Just go to the line entrance and the cast member will either tell you to just go in the line or they will scan the MB of everyone in tournament party and tell you when to return. A few rides have you enter the line in a different place.

If in doubt, just ask.

It sounds like this child needs an DAs pass...that’s still works the same advice always.

So is WDW accommodating people with the DAS pass? Will they be given a time to return... and then what? Break the line? I mean, there is no fast pass line anymore. Or so I thought.
Like, what do you mean you wait the standby time and THEN go to the FP line?

DAS is working exactly like it did before the shut down. So your cousin will be familiar with how it works. Even though they are not doing fast passes at this time, they are still letting those with DAS use that line. DAS works as a virtual queue. 1 person can go up to the cast member at an attraction and ask for a return time(though DAS does need to be set up at guest services first). Then the cast member scans the MB or ticket and then a return time is issued depending on how long the wait it. Then the family can go do whatever you want during that time. Then you just go back and let them know you have a return time and they will direct you where to go. It is super easy and, as I said, I am sure your cousin is familiar with the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts