How bad have you got it....

jimmytammy

<font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br
Yesterday, again, was one of those days, where I was oh so wishing I was in WDW at my beloved VWL. So it inspired me, cause I know there are lots more who go through the same thing daily, to start a thread on this subject. So what goes through your mind when that urge hits you that you wish you were there so bad you can almost taste it. Was it something you saw, something you smelled, tasted or maybe heard that "sparked your imagination." Share it with us here.

This is how bad I got it.....yesterday at work I had the urge to be at VWL so bad that I wished I were traveling down the road, didnt matter if I were just starting out for the 11 hr trip, just knowing I was going did it for me. :teeth:

I don't believe a day goes by that I don't think about WDW at least 10 times a day. And now that we have become DVC members at OKW, I have something new to think about. I've got it real bad. ;)

I have a 40 minute commute to work, and I really enjoy "books on tape" to help the ride along. However, just after or before a trip to WDW (or anywhere special, I have to admit) I turn the tape off and play the visit, or visit to be, over and over in my mind. This past weekend I think was just about as perfect a visit to WDW with the "older" part of my family as we could have had, and the ride to work last night was wonderful!

Bobbi :goodvibes

I guess you could say I think about WDW everyday.....because I'm on the DIS boards looking everyday. Can't wait for the next trip.........but we do have a busy travel year scheduled.....from trying out Royal Carribeans new Freedom of the Seas to time in Maine...all before our next visit home.
But there is nothing like Disney......................
Brownie

Yep, I think of it daily too. I have a ritual of checking my trip counter each morning! :cool1:

I also think of WDW every day. Doesn't take much to turn my mind towards Disney.

When I was 8yo I lived in NJ. I took my first WDW trip ('73). When we came home, I was "depressed". I didn't even know what depressed was but looking back now, I know that was what it was. I remember having a long talk with my mom who told me things like "be glad you got to go", "it was expensive & we probably won't go back", and "FL is a long way away".
I was under the impression that once you went, that was your time and you'd never get to go back. *sigh*

But we did go back a few years later and then I went on my honeymoon. When DD was 6, we returned. We saved for that trip so we could stay on site and saved enough that we actually returned the following year. *aha!* You can go back!!

At this point, I can't even say how many times I have been. Just many. And now, with DVC, I will be returning for many years.
So, for once, mom was wrong...and it is probably her fault I think of WDW every day!!

PS My mother has been as many times as I have and also has AP. Disneyitis is sooo contagious!!

I See Mickey Antennae Toppers Everywhere I Go!

It's a Sign!

But unfortunately, until we get our Passport Renewal sent, No Can Do!

:hourglass :hourglass :hourglass :hourglass

Waiting not so paitiently! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

You all know you get that little chill racing from your head to your toes where you have that "little shiver of excitement" at just a thought of WDW...
I actually "torture" myself daily:

OJ from Mickey Mouse Club glass
Mickey earrings or eeyore or tinkerbelle or Minnie
Minnie watch (DH just gave me for BD) or Pooh or Eeyore
Mickey antenna topper
Minnie socks
Mickey or Minnie towels
Live365 radio -All Disney stations
Tinkerbell key ring
Disney T's - too many to count
Dis board addiction- like right now posting just to see trip countdown- oh so far away :sad2:

I do "TRY" to be careful to not let my mind wander to far....many folks think I'm Nuts already!

Does listening the MouseHouse Radio at work count?? That's what I do most days. Friday is my favorite when they play music from VWL. For some reason it has a calming effect on me. I also check the DIS boards when I eat lunch at my desk. (like right now !! :bounce: ).

:3dglasses I get some Ben &Jerry's Chocolate Mood Magic, go thru the DVC website looking at all the photos and listen to the music, then watch :cool: National Treasure and pirate: Pirates of the Carribean.

~DW ::MinnieMo

I also get my Disney fix here too! I thought I couldn't get enough of Disney, but then I had DS and I REALLY can't get enough of it. Glad to know I'm not alone...I've got it BAD!

I had my Mickey ear earings on today. Visited the Dis several times today. We don't go til early August and although I am so dreading the heat - I am busting at the seams to go!

Hey, Jimmy!! :wave2:

We're not heading back to WDW until Thanksgiving. We were there in January. Normally, this would be bad.

But we have a trip to California with three nights at the Grand Californian at DL in June (12 more days until we leave). And we're going back to DL for the inaugural half marathon in Sept. We got our package from Disney today for the June trip. I wasn't even expecting it.

And, we have a 7 night DCL Eastern Caribbean scheduled for the end of March.

Finally, my company is having a conference in August. Guess where is is going to be? Orlando - at the Buena Vista Palace (formerly Wyndham Palace). But I probably will have to stay at work and run things while my boss and a few others go. I mentioned to my boss today about the conference and he said "You don't need to go. You go two or three times a year!!" Funny guy.

My frequent longing always has me wanting to do the (very) early morning check-in at OKW. In my fantasy, the dew is still around, it's very very quiet, it's warm and the sun is just a promise away. If the CM says 'your room is ready' that's a bonus but not necessary in my 'dream'. Aaaah .........!

This longing has everything to do with OKW and nothing at all to do with the parks. Perhaps I'm just getting old ;)

I grew up going to Disney every year, usually during our Easter break. So, every year the 2-3 months before Easter approaches, I have this strong 'need' to go which seems to build each day. We now normally go in August and sometimes in December. This year my husband finally agreed to go in April. We have been back a little over a month and I am at peace since we just returned and are going again in August. Crazy, isn't it?

I still use these great boards to satisfy the craving, but I have found a new source to feed the addiction:

Last Christmas, my wife gave me an Ipod, which I thought was great to listen to all of my music. However, I did not realize that there were a number of Disney-related podcasts out there, published every week (or more often), that you can listen to. In addition to the Official Disney one, there are a number of really good podcasts that supply fresh news, tips and tricks from "experts", audio "ride throughs", park music clips, etc. etc. etc.

I don't think that I have listened to my car radio in over two months!

My favorites are:
The Official WDW Podcast
WDW Today (A lively roundtable discussion with such experts as Len Testa (Unofficial Guide author), Mike Newell and others
Inside the Magic
Netcot

:rolleyes2
DisneyMomJen said:
I grew up going to Disney every year, usually during our Easter break. So, every year the 2-3 months before Easter approaches, I have this strong 'need' to go which seems to build each day. We now normally go in August and sometimes in December. This year my husband finally agreed to go in April. We have been back a little over a month and I am at peace since we just returned and are going again in August. Crazy, isn't it?

NO!! You are not crazy! We went for whirlwind 3 days the end of March (which is what finally pushed us into DVC) and I am counting the seconds until we go back in Sept. My parents are there now for a couple of days and I am GREEN with envy!

I don't need anything to make me think of or remind me of Disney. It's all I can think about!

I am the crazy one. I am worse than the kids. I come here every day to read the posts. Every night before bed I look through that slick book they gave us when we went on our DVC tour in April.

Is there a Disney 12-step program? :confused3

If you find that 12 step program please let me know. I'm becoming a travel agent just so I can justify to DH why I think about Disney so much. My goal is to specialize in Disney vacations.

I have antenna toppers from every season, a personalized license plate, 6 disney cd's in the car cd player, disney checks, anything to help remind me of my favorite place.

I have been having a really bad time at work, so I am REALLY thinking of WDW. We are staying at SSR, and focusing on that trip at the 4th is what has kept me from just giving in to the depression(so many are being laid off...) :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!