How bad is Disney World in March-Crowd wise?

deerh

DIS Veteran
Hi All..
Just booked a stay at BWV for Late March 2019. Never have stayed in March before, as we have always stayed in May/September. We had to use the points before our use year was up, and therefore we had to book in March.

Having seen some "crowd calendars" online, they say it is wall to wall people with spring break. So, How bad is it really? Don't know if I put a lot of "faith" in the crowd calendars....

If it falls within spring break,it will be crowded. Take advantage of staying on property with early or late entry. Get your fast passes, make dining reservations for where you definitely want to eat. There is so much to do around resorts, you may find new things to do!

Very crowded but not as extreme as the two Easter weeks. The problem with the last week of March is that it is the annual spring break week for the majority of schools that do not follow Easter for determining their spring breaks (and for that reason, when Easter is also in late March or beginning of April, you have a double whammy effect and a risk of a park like MK actually closing during the day to further entries because of overcrowding). If what you are used to is May or September, you are likely to believe it is stifling; if instead you have usually gone Christmas week, you might believe it is off-season. Popular rides will have very long standby lines (things like Soarin, Test Track, any of the Mountains, Seven Dwarfs, RnR, Everest and any of the new or fairly new rides like those at Studios and AK will reach over two hour standby lines). Still doable with fastpass, but you need to make fastpasses exactly 60 days out for any popular rides and should make all restaurant reservations you want when first allowed at 180 days out.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be too bad. Most spring breaks fall in April this year, I would put you at a 8/10. 8/10 is pretty much as slow as you'll see it anymore.

We always stay at BWV for spring break. We live in the Midwest and our break is mid March before waster and the crowds are very light. We enjoy flower garden fest.

As they say, "the happiest place on earth" doesn't apply at spring break, you have to be very mellow to enjoy the parks.

Based on your responses, DW and I may just "chill" by the pool more in March. We are going in mid-September (in 29 days) for 7 nights, so we will get in to see Toy Story Land (have the AP early morning time), also hope to get to Moonlight Magic in mid-September, so it is NOT critical to see everything in March anyway... We go twice a year, so if we miss something- ehh... So, we will just enjoy the warm weather and ride what we can with the Fast Passes, and if not, oh well... We always have a good time, crowd or not.. If it gets too crowded, we just go "home" or to another park, or ride the monorail, whatever....

We went during the 3rd week of March in 2015 and it was very busy. Be aware that a lot of Southern schools' spring breaks regularly occur in March, regardless of when Easter occurs. We went to WDW for a long Easter weekend in 2017 when Easter was in mid-April, and crowds weren't bad. But the reports from people who had gone in mid-March that year were that crowds were awful.

We have been twice in March. The crowds aren't terrible and you can get a lot done. The weather is usually nice and Flower & Garden is going on at Epcot so its a huge plus.
We would go again during Spring Break.

My DH and I have gone twice in March for an adults only trip and the crowds did not have any bearing on us. On our adult only trips our focus is more relaxation and great dinners. We had so much fun exploring epcot during flower and garden festival that we are planning another trip for the beginning of April this year! We would have picked March but our use year is April and since we are in borrowing mode we needed to delay until the start of our next UY. The weather was great!

Shouldn't be too bad. Most spring breaks fall in April this year, I would put you at a 8/10. 8/10 is pretty much as slow as you'll see it anymore.
Here in Alabama, the spring break in our local area is 3/11 - 3/15, however in Birmingham, it's 3/25-3/29...

I’ve gone on our school sr trip to Disney in March the last 23 years. I also regularly go in the summer. The crowds in March are at least as bad as the summer and on several occasions worse.

I enjoy F&G a lot, and have gone in March a lot. Next year, I had to bump up into April. Enjoy your trip!

March/April is pretty bad, long, long waits but as DVC Members, I don't really care about the crowds so much anymore. I arrange my day and schedule my 3 fast passes to fit when/where/what we want to see and eat, if I can ride other things without wait, I do so. If it's too hot or too busy, I head back to the resort pool. For F&W and F&G, though there are big crowds, walking around isn't bad, even better if it's cooler and I've never really waited that long at a booth. There's plenty to choose from rather than do long lines, example the Mexican booth, pass.... too long of a wait.

And, if at all possible, avoid week-end travel, mid-week is always best!

If it is over a common Spring Break time, it will be very busy, but not Christmas busy. If you are going before the majority of the SPring Breaks, shouldn't be too bad.

We went in March this last year - going the week before the week before Easter. By the end of the week it was definitely getting busy, but early in the week we were pleasantly surprised by the "reasonable" crowd sizes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter