How bad is I-10 East ??

clm3

Mouseketeer
We're driving from North Houston in June and curious how bad
I-10 is ???? I've heard its bad right near Beaumont and into
LA. Someone suggested we take Hwy 90 instead of I10.

Any suggestions appreciated !!
Cheryl

Cheryl, we drove, but in '97, and I don't remember it being particularly bad, except that the highway itself was so rough. It is not a peaceful ride through LA. I don't know where their tax money goes to, but definitely not to their state highways!

We get to do the drive again this fall, so I'd be interested in your report when you get back of how the drive was.

Last time I drove the stretch from Lafayette to Houston was about 2 years ago and there was a lot of construction on it - I especially hated the stretch from Beaumont to Houston. Man, was it bad with the construction. Have they gotten the stretch around Baytown finished yet?

I think the stretch from Lafayette to Lake Charles may be finished by now. We drive from Lafayette to I-75 on I-10/12 most of the time and find it to be getting better all the time. Last time we cut through Mississippi at Jackson (from I-20)down to Mobile and it was good as well.

We used to drive 90 from Humble to Beaumont a lot. It was pretty good. Beaumont to Orange was pretty bad, no matter what you do. Once you get out of Lake Charles it gets better.

Last time I drove from Houston to New Orleans, the only construction I found was thru Jennings, LA and even that wasn't but for about 10 miles. Baytown was clear and open. And so was Lake Charles. You might call the LA State Police if you're really concerned about it. They can give you up to date info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter