How big is the Disney Fantasy

F_abian

Earning My Ears
My family and I just got off the Disney Magic back in April. We thought it was amazing and intimate. We booked another cruise in February on the Disney Fantasy and we found out that it is a bigger ship than the Magic. Does the fact that it is a bigger ship take away the intimacy? Meaning does it feel like there’s more people? Like you are in one of the theme parks.

My family and I just got off the Disney Magic back in April. We thought it was amazing and intimate. We booked another cruise in February on the Disney Fantasy and we found out that it is a bigger ship than the Magic. Does the fact that it is a bigger ship take away the intimacy? Meaning does it feel like there’s more people? Like you are in one of the theme parks.

Yes it is a bigger ship and can allow more people...but the size of the ship lessens the amount of crowd level you experience to a degree. The Fantasy is my favorite ship of all of them and has some great amenities that the Classic ships do not have. You definitely are not as crowded in like a day at the theme parks though. :)

I've been on all 4 ships and love them all. The bigger ships are different than the smaller ships, not better or worse just different. I think the way disney designs the ships makes the big ships still feel intimate.

The Wonder and the Magic are significantly smaller, so IMHO they do feel more intimate. The Fantasy and the Dream are larger, a bit fancier, and due to their size they have things (like the aquaduck, mini-golf, etc.) that the smaller ships don't have. Some people prefer the smaller ships, and other prefer the larger ones. If you're willing to give it a try, you might find you enjoy the Fantasy. If you really want the smaller size, switch to either the Wonder or the Magic (they are sister ships, so are quite similar). We felt like the number of people on the Dream made it feel more crowded, even with all the extra space it has. This definitely affects Castaway Cay, too. Having said this, I would be happy to sail on the Dream/Fantasy again. YMMV

I've been on all 4 ships and love them all. The bigger ships are different than the smaller ships, not better or worse just different. I think the way disney designs the ships makes the big ships still feel intimate.
I’m with you. I’ve sailed all 4 ships many times. I love each of them for different reasons.

IMO Fantasy tends to be a little more laid back atmosphere than her sister, the Dream. I think the reason is on Dream it’s typucally only 3-4 nights so more people are trying to do all the things in a shorter amount of time. Fantasy having longer sailings the vibe is a bit more chill, not as hectic.

I’m with you. I’ve sailed all 4 ships many times. I love each of them for different reasons.
IMO Fantasy tends to be a little more laid back atmosphere than her sister, the Dream. I think the reason is on Dream it’s typucally only 3-4 nights so more people are trying to do all the things in a shorter amount of time. Fantasy having longer sailings the vibe is a bit more chill, not as hectic.

Exactly right...Fantasy is more relaxed than the Dream due to itinerary and folks trying to cram all the possibilities into 3 or 4 nights. Dining teams are also harder to get to know because of how short the cruises are. Fantasy will always be my favorite though because it was my first DCL cruise with my family.
My very first Disney cruise was on the Magic when I was a CM...another lifetime ago. :)

Definitely agree that the longer cruises have a more laid-back feel to them. On the short ones everyone seems to be trying to do everything in just a couple of days and it gets hectic.

We definitely felt more crowded on the Magic. Any activity taking place in the atrium was a nightmare - literally people stepping on each other. Also for Very Merrytime Cruises on her people were sitting on the floors to participate in various activites. Fantasy is our favorite Disney ship.

Exactly right...Fantasy is more relaxed than the Dream due to itinerary and folks trying to cram all the possibilities into 3 or 4 nights. Dining teams are also harder to get to know because of how short the cruises are. Fantasy will always be my favorite though because it was my first DCL cruise with my family.
My very first Disney cruise was on the Magic when I was a CM...another lifetime ago. :)

Exactly the same with us. The Fantasy was our first DCL cruise, so it's our first love. We are still missing the Wonder, but love all the ships! Given our choice though, we always prefer the Fantasy. We like the bigger ship and we like the longer cruises (3 day cruises are just too short).

We have been on the Magic only once but multiple times on the others. The classics can generally feel more comfortable for those people who do not like crowds. At certain times and specific events you may have some issues with the crowds on any of the ships.

At peak times (dinners,shows and muster drills) you will probably have to deal with most crowds at the elevators and stairs. With the classics it seems to dissipate a little quicker. The best strategy is to plan to do something along the way or budget a little extra time. We like to walk the deck after the drill for a while. At dinner it is nice to be ready a little ahead of time and stroll the shops, get a drink or just hang out. Other than those times it shouldn’t be too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!