How busy first week of January?

TracyK

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of visiting Disneyland for New Year, leaving on January 6th. Do the parks get quieter after New Year or is it still busy for the week? Thanks

Last year with the new Signature/Signature Plus pass structure it got busier. There were gate closures at both parks on January 4th. I believe that they've stagger when different levels can come back even more this year, but even more former Premium APs have become Signature or lower this year, so the people flooding back when they're unblocked will be worse than last year.

Last year I think Deluxe came back on the 3rd and the 2 So-cal passes came back on the 4th, so the 4th hit capacity. This year Signature has access on the 2nd, Deluxe has access on the 3rd, but the 2 So-cal passes don't have access until the 7th and 8th. We'll be there that week too and I'm hoping the delay for the So-cal passes will make a difference but I'm expecting it to be busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter