• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How busy in December?

Scottish_Maleficent

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how busy it will be in December - around the middle of the month (15th), we'll probably be staying over the weekend too!!! :)

I havent been there at that time of the month but from previous threads and advice I got from different people on the board, I think it will be VERY busy if you are there over the weekend-if only midweek I gather that it shouldn't be too bad. I think Diberry can probably give you more advice re this.

Well, it depends very much on whether you are one of the "crowds give the park a great atmosphere" visitors or one of the "how dare all these people come into MY park and stop me getting on rides" types (like me!!!!! ;) ).This is an extract from my trip report last Sunday 12th December:

"The park was already extremely busy. We expected to be able to get on “It’s a Small World” without too much of a wait but even that was 60 minutes so we decided not to bother. We decided it would be less busy in Adventureland so headed across to Pirates of the Caribbean – wrong again!!! Even though it has an extremely long queuing area inside and it’s a quick loader people were queuing outside!!! We decided to go and look at the information boards in Main Street which said that every single ride had a wait of at least an hour and all the Fastpasses had long since been taken. The Liberty and Discovery arcades are usually pretty empty but even these were full to bursting with people sitting on the floor to eat their food as all the tables and chairs were occupied!!! We went to Disney Village to wander round the Christmas market stalls. There were queues even outside all the restaurants despite the bitter cold. We thought that as it was now 2.30 we’d be able to get a meal in the main park so went back but we were proved wrong yet again!!! The arcades were still heaving and all the restaurants we tried were impossible to get into with huge long queues inside and out and absolutely no free tables or chairs anywhere. After looking everywhere we eventually found a table in Colonel Hathi’s Pizza Outpost and finally got to eat at 3.30!!
We resigned ourselves to not being able to get on any rides so left the park where they were already queuing 7 or 8 deep for the Christmas Parade. We went back to the village to have a look round the shops there, which were, predictably, bursting at the seams!! We decided that we weren’t going to be able to get on any rides or get anything to eat so went back to our hotel for the evening".

However I must say that the following day was a Monday and it was totally different - much quieter and we had no trouble getting on rides etc.
We've been spoiled because we always go in term-time when the parks are quiet but if you can take the crowds you'll have a wonderful time. The park is absolutely magical at Christmas and well worth the visit.

On the weekends I would expect the parks to be at or near capacity with the possiblity of ticket sales to be closed at times during the day. During the week it will be better but still expect crowds.

Morgan, What would think crowd levels will be like on Mon Nov 28- Fri Dec 2? We usually go in May and early June so are not at all accustomed to having crowds at the park.

Well French school children arent out of school at that point which should help. I am really not sure as I havent been then either but if I had to guess I would think the crowds would be no more than moderate if that. Keep in mind that the xmas decorations is a draw to the park.

I'm in the same boat as you Scottish_Maleficent, its a s**t situation, but hopefully it'll be work it - being all christmassy!!!!

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter