How busy now?

eshannon

Mouseketeer
We leave in three days!! We are so excited. Am wondering if school is out in California yet? We are hoping it won't be tooo crowded. Anyone live there and have any idea about crowds? Thank you for your help. Elaine:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Most schools are still in session here and don't get out until mid-late June. It will be crowded, but not horrendously so during the weekdays. Weekends are almost always crowded, it seems.

Enjoy your trip! :)

I went last Sunday and Monday. On both days, lines weren't too bad. Longest line was Splash Mountain for two reasons - #1 it just reopened, #2 - it was very very very hot both days. On Sunday Splash Mountain had a 90 minute line with everything else going at about 35 minutes, and on Monday, Splash Mountain had a 60 minute line, everything else hovered at around 25 min.

Hope that helps
~Tina
P.S. - DCA is still far less crowded than DL. I would advise you to spend the morning and evening in DL, and hop to DCA (if your pass allows) during the hotter more crowded hours between
1-4pm.

Your information is helpful. I have an annual pass and my mom and son have parkhoppers so we will do as you reccomend. We are staying at disneyland hotel so will be close by. Have been watching the weather. It doesn't seem too hot. Why was Splash Mountain closed? Was it for a reason other than refurbishment? I had heard someone was hurt on it but thought that was just a silly rumor.?

Splash is reopened now. The reason for the long refurb was that they were installing single seats. Now there are 5 individual seat backs, for 5 individual passengers. (There used to be only two seat backs, and everyone else mushed up together). As far as accidents go - that is all rumors. The last "accident" to happen wasn't even a big deal. It was last February, and the monorail lost power. (reminder : this is California, and at that time of the year, we were still in rolling blackouts, and power outages). Anywhoo, the 60 folks on the monorail had to be "rescued" via 3 ladders, and some county firemen. They got comped (free tickets to come back the next day) and some merchandise for the time they were stuck up there. No one was harmed. As per accidents, the last ride related injury at any disney theme park was in May when a CM in WDW's carousel tripped and fell, and hit her head on the rotating platform. She was knocked unconsious, but nothing severe. While the last Disneyland injury was when a woman tripped and broke her ankle while being evacuated from the ride after a shut-down on Indiana Jones (that was last year).

So no, Splash hasn't had any recent (or any that I can think of, period) accidents.

All my best
~Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter