How Busy Will It Be?

Dona Momma

Dona Momma
Curious how busy it will be Feb. 6th - 11th?

We are planning a celebration trip for our daughter for graduating college. We already have the trip planned but we are just curious if the crowds will be very heavy since it seems to be an off time with it not being around any holiday but you can never tell any more at Disney. Just curious what people's thoughts are about the crowds at this time of the year.

Curious how busy it will be Feb. 6th - 11th?

We are planning a celebration trip for our daughter for graduating college. We already have the trip planned but we are just curious if the crowds will be very heavy since it seems to be an off time with it not being around any holiday but you can never tell any more at Disney. Just curious what people's thoughts are about the crowds at this time of the year.

We went the last week of January this year because I read how slow that weeek was in 2017. We stayed at POR & the place was packed. At breakfast every morning families were walking around with their trays of food looking for tables. The crowds were heavier than we anticipated from previous year’s reports. No rides were walk ons. We are going Feb 3- 8th this year. I am expecting the same crowds as last year or worse.

Edit to add: touring plans historic crowd levels for the last week in January & first week in February last year were 5s,6s & 7s. They don’t have their predictions that high for next year, but I expect they will increase them as it gets closer.

Last edited:
Hi Dona Momma
I think you have chosen one of the Best weeks of the year. I bet the weather will be great!
I know Epcot has
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts runs January 18 through February 25, 2019 at Walt Disney World.
Congrats to your daughter!!
mickey-graduate.jpg

Have a wonderful trip
Regards
Mel

PS
Different travel planning sites say:
"The very best times to visit Disney World in 2019 are ...

• Jan. 7-11, Jan. 23-Feb. 14
  • Feb. 25 through March 8
  • The second half of August
  • Most days in September
  • Most weekdays in October
  • Weekdays in November (minus the week of Thanksgiving)
  • Weekdays in December (minus the week of Christmas and New Year's Eve)"

• As you can see there are not many weeks where Disney World is under a 6/7 in crowds anymore.

Last edited:

The past two years we have visited the last week of January through the first week of February (and perhaps a few days beyond). Both years it was much busier than predicted. In speaking with cast members, they commented that these weeks are getting busier and busier. We decided we are not going those weeks in 2019. Now, it could change and revert back to those weeks being lower crowds. It just seems it is getting more difficult to predict crowd levels.

We went the last week of January this year because I read how slow that weeek was in 2017. We stayed at POR & the place was packed. At breakfast every morning families were walking around with their trays of food looking for tables. The crowds were heavier than we anticipated from previous year’s reports. No rides were walk ons. We are going Feb 3- 8th this year. I am expecting the same crowds as last year or worse.

Edit to add: touring plans historic crowd levels for the last week in January & first week in February last year were 5s,6s & 7s. They don’t have their predictions that high for next year, but I expect they will increase them as it gets closer.
We were at POR also and it was crowded. The parks were crowded too. No more quiet times!

It's becoming impossible to guess crowd levels anymore. It was crazy the 2nd week of December. Waits are too long for FP. We probably will skip a year. I realize I need a more relaxing trip next year. Lots of places I haven't seen yet. A car trip would be nice for a change. It would also be great not to fork over money for plane and park tickets. We can do two trips for the cost of one to WDW. We may skip 2019 and wait until maybe Spring or Fall of 2020. Of course, I think it could get worse, if possible, because the opening of GE will probably not help in reducing crowd levels.

Last edited:
Hi Dona Momma
I think you have chosen one of the Best weeks of the year. I bet the weather will be great!
I know Epcot has
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts runs January 18 through February 25, 2019 at Walt Disney World.
Congrats to your daughter!!
mickey-graduate.jpg

Have a wonderful trip
Regards
Mel

PS
Different travel planning sites say:
"The very best times to visit Disney World in 2019 are ...

• Jan. 7-11, Jan. 23-Feb. 14
  • Feb. 25 through March 8
  • The second half of August
  • Most days in September
  • Most weekdays in October
  • Weekdays in November (minus the week of Thanksgiving)
  • Weekdays in December (minus the week of Christmas and New Year's Eve)"

• As you can see there are not many weeks where Disney World is under a 6/7 in crowds anymore.

Thanks for the adorable Grad Mickey! We are so proud of her!

It's becoming impossible to guess crowd levels anymore. It was crazy the 2nd week of December. Waits are too long for FP. We probably will skip a year. I realize I need a more relaxing trip next year. Lots of places I haven't seen yet. Never been to Niagara Falls and would love to return to Maine in 2019. It would also be great not to fork over money for plane and park tickets. We can do two trips for the cost of one to WDW. We may skip 2019 and wait until maybe Spring or Fall of 2020.
:bored:

I concur.

This!

If you go to Disney with the thought in your head it will always be busy, then you're not as shocked. It's always nice to be wrong in that area, Disney being busy. I'm going in June...the second week. And I've had a few DISers tell me that early June is actually a bit "slower" than some of the fall months! I was like....huh??? :earseek:

This!

If you go to Disney with the thought in your head it will always be busy, then you're not as shocked. It's always nice to be wrong in that area, Disney being busy. I'm going in June...the second week. And I've had a few DISers tell me that early June is actually a bit "slower" than some of the fall months! I was like....huh??? :earseek:

Early June is great. Right before the real heat and crowds hit.

It's becoming impossible to guess crowd levels anymore. It was crazy the 2nd week of December. Waits are too long for FP. We probably will skip a year. I realize I need a more relaxing trip next year. Lots of places I haven't seen yet. A car trip would be nice for a change. It would also be great not to fork over money for plane and park tickets. We can do two trips for the cost of one to WDW. We may skip 2019 and wait until maybe Spring or Fall of 2020. Of course, I think it could get worse, if possible, because the opening of GE will probably not help in reducing crowd levels.
We were there the 2nd week of December and it was undeniably nuts! It was wayyyy worse than the July 2018 crowds we experienced. Unfortunately, that last Christmas trip we took almost didnmy husband in. He is a cruise guy, and what he experienced the 2nd week of December was shocking to him. We are giving it another go in July 2019, he said if it’s still absolutely nuts again, we will be taking a Disney break for a few years.

This!

I believe this. Sounds crazy but I am here to tell you July 2018 was actually quite manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts