How busy will June be?

katyringo

DIS Veteran
With the need for a reservation to enter the new land, how busy do you think it will be?

I was playing around with hotels and still finding lots of availability. I wonder if people are waiting to make sure they can snag a reservation?

With the need for a reservation to enter the new land, how busy do you think it will be?

I was playing around with hotels and still finding lots of availability. I wonder if people are waiting to make sure they can snag a reservation?

Pretty packed. I'm going June 2-4. I was planning to leave at lunch time to go hit up In n' Out Burger and now I'm wondering whether I should. Worried that parks will be at capacity.

I'm sure it'll be crowded but what you won't get are the crowds of people coming to wait on however long a line to get into SWGE. I think how crowded it'll be will depend a bit on how many reservations they give out. My guess is it'll be really crowded but not as insane as would have been expected if it were first come first serve to get into the new land.

I am guessing that up until June 23 it will be surprisingly uncrowded. Disney is working extremely hard to tell people that if they don't have a reservation they cannot see SWGE. I think it is likely that many locals will be locked out of the reservations and will therefore stay away until after June 23. It is obvious that Disney wants the crowds to stay away for those last few weeks so they can finish getting ready (opening the new garage, etc.) so the only way the parks will be more crowded than normal is if Disney fails in their attempts to keep crowds away.

I'm going to be a bit of a contrarian here. I also think it will be just as packed as it normally is, for early June, which IS pretty packed, or maybe a bit less. The reason I don't think it will be extra packed is because almost everyone knows by now that No Tickets = No Ride. If they don't have reservations then why go? Meanwhile, I think Star Wars Land WILL be syphoning off a few people, to go there, so they will NOT be in the rest of Disneyland or California Adventure.

That being said, I reserved some timeshare at Dolphin's Cove a whole year ago, for the week of May 29th through June 5th. Just happened that we were lucky and hit the dates for the opening of Star Wars. Now, I hope we can get reservations, TOMORROW.

Pretty packed. I'm going June 2-4. I was planning to leave at lunch time to go hit up In n' Out Burger and now I'm wondering whether I should. Worried that parks will be at capacity.

Doesn't appear that this turned out to be true. Just he opposite in fact.

I am guessing that up until June 23 it will be surprisingly uncrowded. Disney is working extremely hard to tell people that if they don't have a reservation they cannot see SWGE. I think it is likely that many locals will be locked out of the reservations and will therefore stay away until after June 23. It is obvious that Disney wants the crowds to stay away for those last few weeks so they can finish getting ready (opening the new garage, etc.) so the only way the parks will be more crowded than normal is if Disney fails in their attempts to keep crowds away.

Your prediction is very accurate. I’m at Disneyland (DCA to be specific) and it is NOT busy. Parking was really easy to get. Lines are short. 30 minute wait for Toy Story Mania(normally that's a 60-90 minute wait). The other key is that Deluxe level and lower passholders are blocked out of Disneyland (but not DCA).

I was worried that DCA might be uncharacteristically busy because Deluxes can now get in the entire summer. That hasn’t been true, at least for today.

I predict it WILL be a madhouse once the reservation system ends, and people flood the park to try getting into Star Wars land.

Last edited:
Not even a little bit surprised. It is going to be DEAD, at least until June 24, especially on weekends with all the AP blackouts and no promotional tickets valid right now.

Lol dead? Seems like a bit of an exaggeration no?

I am here st Disneyland. Been here since Wed, until next Wed. I rate business at 3 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. Literally, for both Calif adventure and Disneyland, all day. Her3 is a picture of CA at 4:30, today, Saturday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 25
Lol dead? Seems like a bit of an exaggeration no?

Nope. Not an exaggeration.

It is 4:40 on a Saturday in June, nice weather (cloudy but not raining). The current longest wait at DL is 30 minutes (tie Space Mountain and Indiana Jones). Most rides are 5 min-10min. Haunted Mansion is listed as "13 minutes" which is a walk on. The park is dead. Peter Pan has been 30 min or under ALL day. Guardians of the Galaxy currently is 15 min.

It's dead.

Nope. Not an exaggeration.

It is 4:40 on a Saturday in June, nice weather (cloudy but not raining). The current longest wait at DL is 30 minutes (tie Space Mountain and Indiana Jones). Most rides are 5 min-10min. Haunted Mansion is listed as "13 minutes" which is a walk on. The park is dead. Peter Pan has been 30 min or under ALL day. Guardians of the Galaxy currently is 15 min.

It's dead.

Yup, I agree. 20 minute wait for Indiana Jones at 5pm PST. Literally no outside line for Pirates of the Caribbean. I was able to get an 8-9pm fast pass for Radiator Springs at 2pm. Normally, radiator springs fast passes are completely gone by noon. And the obvious fact that it’s a Saturday. For Disneyland standards, it’s dead. This is as good as one could hope crowd-wise.

I will try to take advantage of the next few weeks before the Star Wars reservation system ends.

Really, really hoping it is still dead between the 18-22 when I am there.

Can confirm it was dead this evening. Arrived at 5pm, did 11 rides in 4 hours, ate dinner, shopped, watched fireworks, then left. Fastpasses were instant return times. The farthest one out was Soarin, which was only an hour away. It was awesome! I’ve never seen crowds this low!!

Why such low attendance? First, they are victims of their own narrative, and so much Buzz out there that it would be super crowded, cause everyone would be going to SWGE.. (If SWGE is jam packed, how does that affect Fantasyland? Favorably, I think, BECAUSE EVERYONE WOULD BE AT STAR WARS, leaving Fantasyland empty.) Second, I think Disney REALLY hurt themselves by being so adamant that you couldn’t get into SWGE without a special reservation, “No way! No how!” And, like many people, I waited HOURS on their reservation line on reservation morning, starting an hour beforehand, and there just weren’t enough reservations available. I think an awful lot of people just said, “HMMN. NO CHANCE to get into SWGE? Then I will just wait until next month when I CAN get in. So people are staying away in droves.

It would have been MUCH better to have said, “Well, we will save a few thousand reservations for the ‘day of’ and then also have a first come first served STANDBY LINE, just in case some people are no shows. Every half hour we will see how many people didn’t show up for their reservations, and let that many people in.” Instead, they greedily said that if you didn’t get a ticket in the telephone roulette on the first day, then you could ONLY get in if you made a reservation at the hotels. That one came back to bite them.

I’m sure their greed cost them MILLIONS right now. Ha ha you greedy ONLY PROFITS FIRST company.

By the way, you could take this as potential early evidence that the Disney brand is softening, and that they have pushed prices too high.

Last edited:
I think this is what they wanted, hence why deluxe passes are blocked out for the weekend. I feel like they are treating this as more of a soft opening. Come June 24th it's gonna be packed. Also Monday thru Friday is going to be more crowded because deluxe aren't blacked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts