How busy will June be?

I think this is what they wanted, hence why deluxe passes are blocked out for the weekend. I feel like they are treating this as more of a soft opening. Come June 24th it's gonna be packed. Also Monday thru Friday is going to be more crowded because deluxe aren't blacked out.

Deluxes can get in M-Th the next 3 weeks. They’re blocked out from Disneyland park completely starting Friday June 21.

I anticipate tomorrow Sunday June 2 will be very busy. It’s the last Sunday that Deluxe passholders can get in all summer. That, plus the interest in SWGE (even for the people who don’t have reservations) will draw a lot more people than today.

At some point in the next couple of weeks, do you think there will be a "course-correction" for all of those people who thought it was going to be super busy during the reservation period and didn't plan on going? Now seeing that the waits are low and crowds just aren't there, how many will change plans and go? We're visiting in 2 weeks.

At some point in the next couple of weeks, do you think there will be a "course-correction" for all of those people who thought it was going to be super busy during the reservation period and didn't plan on going? Now seeing that the waits are low and crowds just aren't there, how many will change plans and go? We're visiting in 2 weeks.

I think that if this "course correction" happens at all it will be Mon-Th over the next few weeks, because weekends are blocked out to all but the highest level annual passes. Another issue might be the grad night parties, but that didn't seems to make much of an impact on the 31st, so who knows?

I don’t think this is going badly for Disney.. it allows them to figure out how this land will work in the long run. I’m sure people are spending lots in the parks this weekend despite the low ride wait times in the rest of the park.

Doesn
Deluxes can get in M-Th the next 3 weeks. They’re blocked out from Disneyland park completely starting Friday June 21.

I anticipate tomorrow Sunday June 2 will be very busy. It’s the last Sunday that Deluxe passholders can get in all summer. That, plus the interest in SWGE (even for the people who don’t have reservations) will draw a lot more people than today.
Doesnt look busy based on the app wait times!

I think this is what they wanted, hence why deluxe passes are blocked out for the weekend. I feel like they are treating this as more of a soft opening. Come June 24th it's gonna be packed. Also Monday thru Friday is going to be more crowded because deluxe aren't blacked out.

Well everyone thought the whole park would be packed even during the reservation weeks. So we will just have to wait and see. If everyone is standing in line waiting to get into GE, maybe the rest of park wont be crowded. I just don't think we can predict. Certainly everyone who predicted the whole park would be crowded now was Completely wrong!

Doesn

Doesnt look busy based on the app wait times!

Yeah I’m very surprised so far. Sundays in the summer are usually significantly busier than Saturdays because of the Deluxe passholder access. If Disneyland continues to be as dead today as it was these past 2 days, it’s the clearest indicator that the masses have truly been scared away in anticipation of crazy crowds - to the point that the park is relatively dead.

There are stories that during the 1984 LA Olympics, there were so many warnings by officials of how horrible traffic would be that the exact opposite happened: traffic was incredibly light and freeways were uncharacteristically empty during the Olympics. Everyone heeded the warnings and got out of town or avoided the freeways.

The same thing happened a few years ago during “Carmageddon”, when the 405-freeway was closed on a perpetually busy stretch on the Westside of LA... everyone thought that side of LA would be paralyzed. Instead, everyone heeded the warnings and that side of town felt amazingly empty.

I hope this keeps up!

There are stories that during the 1984 LA Olympics, there were so many warnings by officials of how horrible traffic would be that the exact opposite happened: traffic was incredibly light and freeways were uncharacteristically empty during the Olympics. Everyone heeded the warnings and got out of town or avoided the freeways.

The same thing happened a few years ago during “Carmageddon”, when the 405-freeway was closed on a perpetually busy stretch on the Westside of LA... everyone thought that side of LA would be paralyzed. Instead, everyone heeded the warnings and that side of town felt amazingly empty.

I hope this keeps up!

This works almost every time. The State DOT here always predicts doom and gloom during major freeway weekend construction closures. It never materializes as everyone is freaked out and avoids driving.

Based on predictions, we had given up on trying to go to DL this summer, but because of the relatively low crowds this weekend, we're thinking about booking a trip from 6/14 - 6/16, before the required reservations end. We have little to no interest in visiting Galaxy's Edge. I'll be really upset if the crowds pick up that weekend, though.

Based on predictions, we had given up on trying to go to DL this summer, but because of the relatively low crowds this weekend, we're thinking about booking a trip from 6/14 - 6/16, before the required reservations end. We have little to no interest in visiting Galaxy's Edge. I'll be really upset if the crowds pick up that weekend, though.

No question the news that the park is empty this weekend is going to spur increasing demand. How much of an increase is anyone's guess.

No question the news that the park is empty this weekend is going to spur increasing demand. How much of an increase is anyone's guess.
We have signature APs and fell for it. We booked for the 14th at PPH with a split over to the Tropicana due to availability and cost. Even if there are more on-site guests, the reservation system should keep SWGE reasonable. Now we are waiting for our time slot (likely emailed to us on Tuesday). We are returning for Labor Day weekend, should make for a nice comparison of the reservation system vs. good luck folks...
Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!