How busy will June be?

I think this is what they wanted, hence why deluxe passes are blocked out for the weekend. I feel like they are treating this as more of a soft opening. Come June 24th it's gonna be packed. Also Monday thru Friday is going to be more crowded because deluxe aren't blacked out.

Deluxe passes were already blocked out, long before opening date for SWGE was announced. It was a ‘normal’ blockout day. No blackouts today (Sunday) and still not crowded.

If this is a ‘soft’ opening, it is only to give STAFF time to work out the kinks, but it is every bit as busy as Fantasyland, today

Yes, come July, SWGE will be packed. But a lot of that will be people who didn’t come in June. I am staying in a timeshare, Dolphin’s Cove this week, and I have another week reserved for the end of July. I hate the heat, but we will see how crowded it is then.

Price for Single Day Park Hoper tickets varies by day, but it can be up to $125 for one single day. Knotts Berry Farm up the road is charging $55 a day.

Our family is using a combination of 5 Day Park Hoppers, Deluxe Passes, Signature Passes and the new Flex Passes. So far so good. BUT, I think Disney has pushed ticket prices to outrageous levels, AND with blockout days, Flex reservations and other changes, it not only costs a lot, but is getting confusing for some people. All of this just causes people to stay away and avoid it.

I anticipate tomorrow Sunday June 2 will be very busy. It’s the last Sunday that Deluxe passholders can get in all summer. That, plus the interest in SWGE (even for the people who don’t have reservations) will draw a lot more people than today.

Actually, here at Disneyland today, Sunday, it is still empty. We were sitting in a cafe, eating lunch at 1 PM and noticed at least 9 out of 10 tables were empty. When we finally started looking for rides this morning, at 10 AM, we did Peter Pan, Mr Toad, the Carousel, meet Tinkerbell, and Buzz Light year in about 35 minutes.

No question the news that the park is empty this weekend is going to spur increasing demand. How much of an increase is anyone's guess.

My guess is that at worst, the next few weekends up to June 23 may be slightly busier than this weekend but it will still be reasonable. Even if word gets out that Disneyland isn't the madhouse that people thought, the days when only Signature and Signature Plus AP's have access are usually the best days to go to Disneyland. I've long said that Saturdays in the summer are the best days to go to Disneyland for exactly that reason - the difference is night and day vs Saturdays in January, February March etc. where Deluxe APs can get in. It's counterintuitive but it's like the DVC calendar; the busiest DVC time periods aren't the summer, but the time periods when the point cost to stay at a DVC resort are the lowest (September - January).

This weekend was something special though. Even if the next few weekends aren't quite as good as this, it should still be ok.

Actually, here at Disneyland today, Sunday, it is still empty. We were sitting in a cafe, eating lunch at 1 PM and noticed at least 9 out of 10 tables were empty. When we finally started looking for rides this morning, at 10 AM, we did Peter Pan, Mr Toad, the Carousel, meet Tinkerbell, and Buzz Light year in about 35 minutes.
My guess is that at worst, the next few weekends up to June 23 may be slightly busier than this weekend but it will still be reasonable. Even if word gets out that Disneyland isn't the madhouse that people thought, the days when only Signature and Signature Plus AP's have access are usually the best days to go to Disneyland. I've long said that Saturdays in the summer are the best days to go to Disneyland for exactly that reason - the difference is night and day vs Saturdays in January, February March etc. where Deluxe APs can get in. It's counterintuitive but it's like the DVC calendar; the busiest DVC time periods aren't the summer, but the time periods when the point cost to stay at a DVC resort are the lowest (September - January).

This weekend was something special though. Even if the next few weekends aren't quite as good as this, it should still be ok.

I think what happened is only the people who were able to get reservations are deciding to go. Out of towners who dont want to stay in a Disney hotel are holding off until the reservation period is over. And as for locals deluxe are blocked out on weekends so I am going to guess that mon-thurs are going to be markedly busier.

Seems Disneyland is the opposite of WDW when it comes to busy periods. Many more locals for Anaheim compared to Orlando which is much more once a year trips from out of town.

I think what happened is only the people who were able to get reservations are deciding to go. Out of towners who dont want to stay in a Disney hotel are holding off until the reservation period is over. And as for locals deluxe are blocked out on weekends so I am going to guess that mon-thurs are going to be markedly busier.

Seems Disneyland is the opposite of WDW when it comes to busy periods. Many more locals for Anaheim compared to Orlando which is much more once a year trips from out of town.

M-Th are work days.

So Monday ended up being pretty good but Tuesday was packed. Grad nite was definitely the reason.

So Monday ended up being pretty good but Tuesday was packed. Grad nite was definitely the reason.
Did both parks seem packed, or one more than the other? We're going 14th - 16th (Fri-Sun), and the 14th is a grad night. We bought 1-PPD tix, and trying not to upgrade to parkhoppers if we don't have to. So, trying to decide which park to do first (Friday). At the same time, we have a 4 and 9 year old, so we most likely won't be staying too, too late.

Did both parks seem packed, or one more than the other? We're going 14th - 16th (Fri-Sun), and the 14th is a grad night. We bought 1-PPD tix, and trying not to upgrade to parkhoppers if we don't have to. So, trying to decide which park to do first (Friday). At the same time, we have a 4 and 9 year old, so we most likely won't be staying too, too late.

Both were packed. California Adventure seemed a bit worse though.

We arrived yesterday for our first DL trip! These crowd levels have officially spoiled us! Lol.
Loving it!!
Yeah Saturday and Sunday were amazing but Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty crowded. We got spoiled too getting off one ride and immediately onto another over the weekend.

Yeah Saturday and Sunday were amazing but Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty crowded. We got spoiled too getting off one ride and immediately onto another over the weekend.

It was getting crowded by afternoon when we headed out but when we were in DL yesterday about 10am it felt dead. 5 min wait for Pirates, 25 min for Peter Pan.
We head to parks today. Hope crowds are low all day especially because no grad night!

It was getting crowded by afternoon when we headed out but when we were in DL yesterday about 10am it felt dead. 5 min wait for Pirates, 25 min for Peter Pan.
We head to parks today. Hope crowds are low all day especially because no grad night!

Can you let us know how the crowds are? I’m still contemplating going the week of the 17th. Really need to decide by tomorrow probably if we’re going to do it. Lol

Can you let us know how the crowds are? I’m still contemplating going the week of the 17th. Really need to decide by tomorrow probably if we’re going to do it. Lol

It didn’t seem bad!
We’re home now.

Curious what touring plans predicted this week vs actual crowds. Can someone post it?

According to touringplans, actual crowd for DL has been 1 all week. DCA has been 1 or 3 actual.

The predicted has been 8 to 10 for DL, and 3 to 5 for DCA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter