How can I find out more about RCI options?

Lizzim

Mouseketeer
Not a huge rush but as a UK DVC owner I would like to start to research RCI options.

I have already banked our March 2020 points as we knew fairly early that a trip this use year would be unlikely and whilst I am hopeful that we will be able to take a trip in 2021 I want to see what we could use our points for if that doesn't work.

I had a quick look on the member site but it isn't obvious how to check availability etc without going ahead and booking. I just want to look at idea and wonder if there is an easy way to do this?

Thanks in advance for hints / tips :)

From the DVC site under the Destinations tab, select World Collection - RCI. The website is not very user friendly but you can use the dropdowns to select locations (very broad) and vacation type. Then just scroll (this is the clunky part). You may have to actually call to book.

From the DVC site under the Destinations tab, select World Collection - RCI. The website is not very user friendly but you can use the dropdowns to select locations (very broad) and vacation type. Then just scroll (this is the clunky part). You may have to actually call to book.

Yeah I found that section but I don’t seem to be able to see how many points are required or what room types there are :(

@Lizzim: How far are are you getting? Please document the steps you are presently taking and describe the "final point" that you reach.

I have no problem reaching available inventory, room types and point requirements. Perhaps we can determine if your present process is taking a wrong turn or if your results are different from ours (UK vs US, perhaps?).

To to Points Charts/World Collection - RCI then click on the link for World Collection - RCI Resorts. It'll give you a popup that tells you how many points based on unit size and season broken down for Gold Crown Resorts in one chart and all others in the second chart.

@Lizzim: How far are are you getting? Please document the steps you are presently taking and describe the "final point" that you reach.

I have no problem reaching available inventory, room types and point requirements. Perhaps we can determine if your present process is taking a wrong turn or if your results are different from ours (UK vs US, perhaps?).

Thanks,

I actually do exactly as described by Dean below so I wonder if it is a browser issue. I get a blank box rather than a ‘points chart’.

I’ll try a different one and see if that makes a difference.

To to Points Charts/World Collection - RCI then click on the link for World Collection - RCI Resorts. It'll give you a popup that tells you how many points based on unit size and season broken down for Gold Crown Resorts in one chart and all others in the second chart.

Thanks,

I actually do exactly as described by Dean below so I wonder if it is a browser issue. I get a blank box rather than a ‘points chart’.

I’ll try a different one and see if that makes a difference.
I got blank when I clicked on RCI then points chart but when I go to points charts FIRST then click on the tab for RCI, the correct info is there.

Here is my process for checking RCI Inventory through DVC:

a) Login as normal to the DVC Member website.
b) Navigate to [Plan a Vacation] (from the top bar menu) > [How to Book RCI]
c) On the DVC>RCI page, click the [Book RCI Online] button
d) On the pop-up dialog titled, "Redirecting to RCI," read the message and click the [Continue] button
e) A new browser window/tab opens with the DVC > RCI "B2B portal." Read the message, check the box to accept the Terms & Conditions then click the [Ok] button.

You should now be on the RCI website using a special portal for DVC members with your specific account details shown at left. I use the [Quick Search] tab to do a broad search by date range, region and subregion. For example, to search all of California, Jan through March of 2021:

f) Click on the tab titled [Quick Search]
g) Set the Check-In Date Range to: 1-Jan-2021 through 31-March-2021
h) Set the Region to USA; Set the Sub-Region to "Pacific Coast."
i) Click the [Search >>] button.
j) Scan the results page for understanding. The main section of the screen shows the current results; surrounding the results along the top and left edge are additional filters to refine the results. Click [California] to further refine the results. // I see 77 weeks available for exchange in California for the stated date range.
k) Pick a resort and drill down for available units: check-in date, unit type and point costs. For example, my results suggest 19 available check-in options at the Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, an RCI Gold Crown member. If I click the button for [Available Units] I discover a perplexing problem: none are Jan-March! Rather, the details page offers me date selections starting in April 2021. Oh, well ... close enough ... I'll choose an available check-in date of 15-May. Now the page tells me that there is a 1BR unit available, full week stay, for 150 DVC points.

Good luck in your queries. I hope this gets you a bit further along.

I want to tag along with a question in case I can't burn my banked points next summer. Once deposited into RCI, how long are the points good for from the time of deposit? That expiration would not be impacted by when those DVC points would otherwise expire, right?

LAX

Here is my process for checking RCI Inventory through DVC:

a) Login as normal to the DVC Member website.
b) Navigate to [Plan a Vacation] (from the top bar menu) > [How to Book RCI]
c) On the DVC>RCI page, click the [Book RCI Online] button
d) On the pop-up dialog titled, "Redirecting to RCI," read the message and click the [Continue] button
e) A new browser window/tab opens with the DVC > RCI "B2B portal." Read the message, check the box to accept the Terms & Conditions then click the [Ok] button.

You should now be on the RCI website using a special portal for DVC members with your specific account details shown at left. I use the [Quick Search] tab to do a broad search by date range, region and subregion. For example, to search all of California, Jan through March of 2021:

f) Click on the tab titled [Quick Search]
g) Set the Check-In Date Range to: 1-Jan-2021 through 31-March-2021
h) Set the Region to USA; Set the Sub-Region to "Pacific Coast."
i) Click the [Search >>] button.
j) Scan the results page for understanding. The main section of the screen shows the current results; surrounding the results along the top and left edge are additional filters to refine the results. Click [California] to further refine the results. // I see 77 weeks available for exchange in California for the stated date range.
k) Pick a resort and drill down for available units: check-in date, unit type and point costs. For example, my results suggest 19 available check-in options at the Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, an RCI Gold Crown member. If I click the button for [Available Units] I discover a perplexing problem: none are Jan-March! Rather, the details page offers me date selections starting in April 2021. Oh, well ... close enough ... I'll choose an available check-in date of 15-May. Now the page tells me that there is a 1BR unit available, full week stay, for 150 DVC points.

Good luck in your queries. I hope this gets you a bit further along.

Thanks - this is really helpful. I haven't gone as far into the website as this but I will give it a try - I'm going to search for options in Europe as obviously that might be more manageable going forward. I'm hoping to get back to Disney as soon as possible though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter