How can I make my backyard more like, Walt Disney World.

Parksfan1999

Earning My Ears
My kids have been to WDW numerous times. Me and my wife have decided:goofy: to stop going for a year or two. Since then our kids have been, how do you say, "caught Disney fever". How can we, with a budget of 500 dollars, bring the magic of WDW to our backyard, with models, plants, and more.

disneyfreakjackie said:
??!! WHAT ??!! :scared: This is a foreign language to me!! ... but WHY ???? lol!! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!! :cheer2:

We decided since our son has been going since age 1 and is now 13, and our daughter has been going since age 2 and is now 10, we decided to stop going for 1-2 years and go to sea world and universal and the WDW water parks.

1.Make your sidewalks & paths curving instead of straight, wider than normal, and out of something other than cement - pavers, mulch, pea gravel, stepping stones . . .

1a. Sculpt your ground, so that it's not dead flat.
1b. Make 'berms' and plantings such that not everything is revealed all at once.
1c. Choose a color scheme in your plantings that appears cohesive and try for color in every season.

2. Plant thickly in layers and groups. That is - a groundlevel layer like ground cover or lawn, a taller layer like small shrubs, ornamental grasses or perenniels, a still taller layer of 'short trees' like dogwoods, crab apples, etc. and keep them pruned. Your upper story is your existing trees. It make take a few years before the look matures sufficiently to satisfy you.

3.Acquire (or make) quirky lawn ornaments and tuck them in unexpected places. I have a (now faded) red alligator cast in a mold from resin and tiny sand sized pebbles, a "mosquito" made from a shovel head, rake, rebar, a saw blade, etc, a set of Alice in Wonderland resin figures (except for the mad hatter, who lost his head), and an old mill made of wood, until it disintegrated after a tree fell on it. One of my paths is "foot shaped" stepping stones about 18 inches long, set in a mulch base.

Hope this helps get you started. I've been working on mine for 20 years.

LindaBabe said:
1.Make your sidewalks & paths curving instead of straight, wider than normal, and out of something other than cement - pavers, mulch, pea gravel, stepping stones . . .

1b. Make 'berms' and plantings such that not everything is revealed all at once.
1c. Choose a color scheme in your plantings that appears cohesive and try for color in every season.

2. Plant thickly in layers and groups. That is - a groundlevel layer like ground cover or lawn, a taller layer like small shrubs, ornamental grasses or perenniels, a still taller layer of 'short trees' like dogwoods, crab apples, etc. and keep them pruned. Your upper story is your existing trees. It make take a few years before the look matures sufficiently to satisfy you.

3.Acquire (or make) quirky lawn ornaments and tuck them in unexpected places. I have a (now faded) red alligator cast in a mold from resin and tiny sand sized pebbles, a "mosquito" made from a shovel head, rake, rebar, a saw blade, etc, a set of Alice in Wonderland resin figures (except for the mad hatter, who lost his head), and an old mill made of wood, until it disintegrated after a tree fell on it. One of my paths is "foot shaped" stepping stones about 18 inches long, set in a mulch base.

Thanks for some ideas

My kids have been to WDW numerous times. Me and my wife have decided:goofy: to stop going for a year or two. Since then our kids have been, how do you say, "caught Disney fever". How can we, with a budget of 500 dollars, bring the magic of WDW to our backyard, with models, plants, and more.
from your pics, looks like you blew your budget

Hrhpd said:
from your pics, looks like you blew your budget

Please read my last two threads. It has an explanation of this. Also we have an moderator over and an Internet security team leader. The thread is now closed.

You really should ask your uncle. He has great ideas. I'm sure he could help you find some to fit within your budget.

Good Tips!

I love the treasures in the asphalt at Disney in adventure land. We built a gazebo with a cement footing and the kids and i raided the bottoms of our toy boxes and drawers and collected all sorts of little disney gems like broken trading pins port Orleans necklaces, Mickey confetti, beads and broken jewelry and we placed them in the cement before they dried. After I painted swirls of blue and gold. This is a big project but i have been thinking of making walking stones the same way leading to a treasured lawn ornament.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!