How can I see which use year points are being used?

mbwhitti

DIS Veteran
Somehow I've managed to do so much booking then canceling and booking new reservations (when better availability comes along), that I have 20 banked points hanging around when my current use year points are already being used. Is there a way to see which reservation is using which points (so I can call member services and have points re-allocated)? I know it tell you right after booking but I guess I didn't pay enough attention. Also, does a full reservation have to come from the same use year or will it pull two different use years (ie, banked and current)? Sorry, so new to this and do not want any points to go unused. Thanks!

While you can see some history on the member website, it's generally not the easiest detail to follow. Call MS. They can tell what is being applied and reallocate for you while you wait.

On your second question, if I am understanding you right, you have banked points and current points - all which are now in the current UY. I'm not reading it as you have 2 UY's worth of points, but rather double points in one UY (as banking points permanently moves them to the following UY). New reservations by default will use the banked points first if available, however, depending on the timing of booking and cancelling, you may have banked points sitting around, which is why you should put a call into MS to determine what points are being assigned to what reservations and reallocate as necessary.

While you can see some history on the member website, it's generally not the easiest detail to follow. Call MS. They can tell what is being applied and reallocate for you while you wait.

On your second question, if I am understanding you right, you have banked points and current points - all which are now in the current UY. I'm not reading it as you have 2 UY's worth of points, but rather double points in one UY (as banking points permanently moves them to the following UY). New reservations by default will use the banked points first if available, however, depending on the timing of booking and cancelling, you may have banked points sitting around, which is why you should put a call into MS to determine what points are being assigned to what reservations and reallocate as necessary.

You read it correctly! Thanks, I'll call MS once I've settled my reservations. Waiting on a couple of things to see if they open up. I have until July 31 (banking deadline) to get settled. Thanks again!

You can see your points used for each reservation on the member website.

:earsboy: Bill

New reservations by default will use the banked points first if available, however, depending on the timing of booking and cancelling, you may have banked points sitting around, which is why you should put a call into MS to determine what points are being assigned to what reservations and reallocate as necessary.

MS told me I cannot reallocate points without cancelling and rebooking the reservation...

...wait, maybe I’m thinking this wrong. All of my points are currently booked, is that the difference? She can reallocate free points but I can’t because all of mine are attached to a reservation?

MS is correct if you are mixing home resort points and 7 month points. Also if you are reallocating between two reservations, you would have to cancel one of them to reallocate.

Otherwise, it should be possible.

MS told me I cannot reallocate points without cancelling and rebooking the reservation...

...wait, maybe I’m thinking this wrong. All of my points are currently booked, is that the difference? She can reallocate free points but I can’t because all of mine are attached to a reservation?

What resort(s) are your home resorts and what resort is the reservation in question at? I only see this as an issue if you made a reservation during the home resort period and are trying to swap in non-home resort points.

I think this second part is the issue. My understanding is MS can reallocate points without cancelling or risking your reservation, but I am assuming you would have to have the banked points 'free' to reallocate them. So if you had your original 11 month reservation booked with banked points and you cancelled this reservation after you made a new 7 month reservation with non banked points you could call MS and ask them to reallocate the banked points to the new 7 month reservation. They could do this without cancelling or risking your new 7 month reservation... This is at least my understanding of this. Maybe someone with more experience can confirm... Thanks.

I just did this today...for the second time in a month because I also keep moving things around. :/ I had a 1-bdrm P/G view at BWV booked with 29 borrowed points from 2019. The standard view became available, and I switched to it which was only 22 points. I now had 7 borrowed points just sitting in my 2018 UY. I called MS, and they moved the 7 borrowed points to my June reservation and took out 7 points from that reservation and put them back into my regular 2018 points so that I can bank them if I don’t use them. Hope this helps.

Reallocating is to replace points in an existing reservation with points you have in your account. They cannot move the points around between reservations when you don't have any free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter