How can we make the days til our trip go faster! The kids are so excited and jumpy

Disney Princess 6

<font color=purple>I'm Eeyore's human counterpart
It's freezing here, so we're all excited to get away and go to Florida - even if it's only 55 when we get there! Anyway, the kids (ages 2 & 4) are so excited they can't see straight. We have the magic day marked on the calendar with a big sticker of Mickey and Pluto. But each day they say, "when are we going?" Does anyone have any ideas about how to make the days until our trip pass more quickly for them?

LOL!!! It's not my kids who are jumping up and down it's ME!!!! I keep giving them the countdown and my oldest DS just rolls his eyes and the youngest says "tomorrow??"
I keep getting the biggest kick out of the silliest things!
I got a Passporter!---YIPPEEEEEE day 205
I got my ressies! WAHOO ---this on day 185
I got my plane tickets!!-------day 175
I can make PS!!!--day 120
I got my park tickets!!---day 80
I can make my 60 day PS!!
I'm down to about 55 days or so now and I'll probably be celebrating when I start to PACK!!!:Pinkbounc

I give my kids jobs to do. We made our autograph books. They shine their pennies and get them layered in a film canister with quarters. Pack their fanny packs. Pack their backpacks. I try to do something each day the week before. It helps keep them busy and it helps get us packed as well.

I also have them each make a must do list of the rides they must see this trip. That way I can plan what we want to do and try to fit everyone's want's into that plan.

We also watch the planning videos.

We started a disney chain right after Christmas. I used disney scrapbooking paper to make the links and at the top we put a picture of Minnie and Mickey. At that time we had almost 40 days left so the chain went from the ceiling to the floor. Everyday they would wake up in the morning and cut off a link. It was a godsend! No more "When are we going". They could look at the chain and see how much longer. BTW - my kids are also 2 and 4.

Now we have 7 days left!!!! They can both count past 10, so they have been counting the links at least twice a day to see how many days are left. We also packed some of there clothes, and we are going to bake cookies this weekend to take on our trip.

One week left!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I try to do an activity per day with my children. Again, like bobcat suggested. I have all the supplies ready ahead of time and I have them pick one to do. Pennies need to be shined and paired up with two quarters after they are wrapped in tissue to keep finger prints off (all these extra steps drag the project out a bit longer). Autograph books can be set up with photos or stickers of the character ahead of time, pre-packing the kids fanny pack for the first day, ever so many things to do! Good luck!

Oh, we're the same way!! My boys can hardly contain their excitment, and we have a countdown calender on our fridge!! Would someone please tell me how some of the posters have the little countdown window in their posts? TIA!

Tanya, go over to the Technical Board. There's a post on how to do it. It can be a little tricky. If you print out the instructions it might be easier.

I'm the anxious excited one, followed by the kids and then DH. I keep the kids mind off the trip by reminding them that there is so much to do before we go. They are earning money for the trip through chores, being good etc. This keeps them from wondering too much. THey just enjoy watching the piggy bank grow. They just can't wait to take it to the Disney Store and exchange it for Disney Dollers! I on the other hand am going crazy. Now I'm like 9 more days till my first PS! I have a celebration for everything. I think that the kids will get worse as school gets ready to end. We are leaving the day after school is out!

We do the paper chain thing as well, but with a twist! What I do is cut the number of strips and write the date and then what is happening that day (if anything) For instance on Sundays I write "RE Day" (RE is Sunday School in the UU church) Yesterday's strip said, "Grandmother's Birthday" We will add things like "Daddy leaves for his business trip" or "Library Day" (we go every week) so the kids (especially the younger two) have a good perspective of time passing. I've also got things written on there like, "Go to TDS and pick up 101 Dalmations II on DVD" or "Do laundry for trip" and "Go to library to get books and tapes for trip"

My kids log onto this board every morning just to watch the countdown. Looks like you will be there the day before us. You'll have to wave. I have short red hair and you'll be able to pick me out since I wear a red and white polk-a-dotted hat with Minnie Ears ROFLOL!!!!

:earsgirl:

We have used the chain links before too. But what I found to be more exciting is we made a Disney train that had the little square cars attached to them that had how many days we had left on them and that days date (In case you may forget one night :) It was a lot of fun, we started it soooo early that it ran from my one sons room into the hall (Half way there) and then into my other sons room. They got excited to see the train going from one room to the other...which made it easier for them to understand.

Savs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter