How come no grand villas at BCV?

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
It seems, from reading this board, that Grand Villas at DVC resorts are hard to get reservations for...do I have that right? Or not? Then why would they not have Grand Villas at the BCV? Just curious.

BTW, does anyone know how many GV's there are at the other DVC resorts?

VWL and BCV are really small add-ons to hotels. GVs take up too much room. They opted for the studio, one-bedrooms that can be combined into two-bedrooms -- offering more flexibility. The announced DVC at Eagle Pines is planned to include Grand Villas.

I know Vero has 6 Beach Cottages in total. Not sure about the number at the other resorts.

Though not as spectacular as the current GV, I wonder why they didn't do a double lockoff with a 1 BR flanked by 2 studios.

HH has 5 GV's, OKW has 27 (?). I'm not sure about the number at BWV.

VB has at least 1 1BR flanked by 2 studio lock-offs. We stayed in the 1BR and asked about the extra door (in the bedroom itself) and were told it opened into a lock-off studio to make an accessible 3BR- since none of the Beach Cottages are accessible.

Thanks for the info!!

One more question...what are the "beach cottages" at Vero Beach? Are they actually separate buildings?? :confused:

Grand Villa

Oh MaryAnn, you've got to see the Beach Cottages! Yes, they are free-standing. It's like having a million dollar home on the Florida Coast! I can't find a good picture to show you but in the link above, the 2 buildings (you basically just see the roof tops) to the left of the slide are two of the cottages. They are all located at the edge of the property overlooking the dune. The living space -- kitchen, dining room are upstairs (also a large balcony) so everyone can enjoy the spectacular view. The bedrooms are downstairs.

The first time I stopped to visit Vero was Christmas Week. The CM said they have a terrible time getting people to check-out of the Beach Cottages. They just don't want to leave!! ;)

Oh, they are nice...VERY nice. I could deal with that. Maybe I shouldn't have canceled my VB ownership??:rolleyes: ;)

That's funny about not being able to get people to leave. Yeah, I could picture myself hanging on to the doorknob for dear life as some nice CMs are pulling on my feet. :D

Thanks Doc, I knew they had something like that at VB but not having seen it, I wasn't sure if it was what I was thinking. Still, seems like the best way to go at a smaller resort, that is, IF you want to have 3 BR units.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter