How crazy busy will November 2019 with Star Wars GE opening??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momager

Mouseketeer
We booked our trip long before I knew the possibility of Star Wars GE world being open in November.

If it is open during our trip, how much busier do you think Disney World will be as a whole?? I don't care if we never step foot into Star Wars World GE or not, I just don't want to deal with a crazy amount of over flow!

TIA!

Parts of November are busy even without Galaxy’s Edge. Jersey week is the beginning of the month, Food & Wine Festival is most of the month and Thanksgiving is at the end.

If it is open I think it will be even more crowded than it usually is, especially DHS.

Parts of November are busy even without Galaxy’s Edge. Jersey week is the beginning of the month, Food & Wine Festival is most of the month and Thanksgiving is at the end.

If it is open I think it will be even more crowded than it usually is, especially DHS.

Yeah we're going because of Jersey Week. My SIL is a teacher and she was supposed to come with us, so we booked it for her. Now she bailed lol and we already booked. Ugh, oh well, just means extra planning, and making sure we get to every park at rope drop every single day!

We went the week after Jersey Week this past November, which ended up being Veterans Day week and it was absolutely mobbed. We had to do so, because some people we were going with only could do that week.

We usually go the week before or after Thanksgiving, which has proven to be perfect, though with the nature of what Disney has become, may be over. My wife and I are going back at the end of February, just so we could enjoy Disney the way we're used to. We are definitely planning next November as well, but are going back to our normal time. If SWGE opens up in that vicinity, we'll definitely be avoiding HS.

If you are planning Nov 2019, you'd better try and book now. We booked our hotel for week before Thanksgiving, as we always do, in August and things were filling up unusually fast, especially the deluxes.

It might be hit or miss once they annouce when star wars land opens. I feel it people booked just for that and its early enough they might change it and early nov might be slow if it dosnt open till after thanksgiving. Im booked for 7-13 in nov.. so im kinda want it to open but than kinda dont lol.

Bailing on wdw this november because of all this and going to disneyland for a change from east coast. going in early november 2019. will c star wars edge there, it will be open, booked deluxe on property already and enjoying the weather there too. just needed a change from that november week and switching it up to another dis park, typically that's when we've been going for a few years now.

If SWL opens in November, the place is going to be jammed. We are booked the week before thanksgiving next year. We are already prepared for the place to be a madhouse. Luckily most people will be trying to get into DHS but it will still be crowded at the other 3 parks.

If it's open by the time you're there, I'd personally be expecting it to be packed. Remains to be seen, obviously, how much overflow there will be -- I personally would expect it to be noticeable throughout WDW for a while. Just a guess. :)

Whenever something new opens at Disney in one park, other parks receive the overflow. DHS will more than likely be JAMMED...so you're going to find those who don't want to deal with it go to EPCOT, AK, or MK. I never visit during that time of year as I'm a teacher so spring break or summer months are the times for me!

Whenever something new opens at Disney in one park, other parks receive the overflow. DHS will more than likely be JAMMED...so you're going to find those who don't want to deal with it go to EPCOT, AK, or MK. I never visit during that time of year as I'm a teacher so spring break or summer months are the times for me!
I took a look at this a while back for another thread/discussion. Taking Pandora as an example... Pandora only clearly increased attendance in AK. EP showed an increase over that period more likely due to additional/expanded festivals, and MK and DHS were relatively flat (this is rough but shows the basic trends):
attendance-graph-3-jpeg.jpeg

That said, I'd expect the SWGE impact to be greater, though, and spread more resort-wide. This is just a guess on my part, based on the relative popularities of the franchises and the advance excitement for this (vs. a lot of skepticism around Pandora/Avatar).

Most of the speculation I've been reading online makes it sound like GE won't be open in early November. I'm crossing my fingers that's the case! We're going Nov. 2-5. We can't change our dates, but we're waiting for the announcement to decide how to proceed. If GE will have just opened, I'd consider changing our destination and not going to WDW. DH will probably push for going anyway and be excited about GE, but he doesn't read the boards or do any of the Disney research; I don't think he has any idea just how bad it might be.

I too am thinking of planning a trip in November. I love when the parks and resorts have all the Christmas stuff up as well as the Christmas party. I am worried about the crowd's and the Star Wars opening, which we are not interested in.

My wife and I are going to see what bounce back offers are available when we're there in Feb and take our chances. If there's slim pickins available resort-wise for when we want to go, we'll likely do a Disney cruise instead.

Bailing on wdw this november because of all this and going to disneyland for a change from east coast. going in early november 2019. will c star wars edge there, it will be open, booked deluxe on property already and enjoying the weather there too. just needed a change from that november week and switching it up to another dis park, typically that's when we've been going for a few years now.
Exactly what we are doing next November!

My wife and I are going to see what bounce back offers are available when we're there in Feb and take our chances. If there's slim pickins available resort-wise for when we want to go, we'll likely do a Disney cruise instead.

I've seen a few mentions already about low resort availability for late fall. There has been some speculation that people who want to go for GE are booking multiple reservations and will let some go once the opening date is announced. Depending when the announcement comes, I guess that could work for or against you.

I've seen a few mentions already about low resort availability for late fall. There has been some speculation that people who want to go for GE are booking multiple reservations and will let some go once the opening date is announced. Depending when the announcement comes, I guess that could work for or against you.
I’m a DVC member and booked for thanksgiving and had a hard time getting the rooms I wanted at my home resort at the 11 month booking window. I agree that everyone is booking multiple and will release once a definite date is set.

I wonder if the extra guests generally on property will be enough to push even epcot to a phased closure on Nye next year?

I thought last November was super-busy compared to other months/years we've been, and I imagine Star Wars land will make it significantly worse. I'd guess that's probably the most eagerly anticipated addition Disney has made in years (or ever?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts