How deep is the water?

ohisee

Earning My Ears
I am almost embarrassed to ask this question, but, I am afraid of really deep water and was wondering just how deep the dolphin pool is? Can you see the bottom? Is it like the traditional shamu pool (way deep!) we have all seen at SW or more natural looking? I would really like to do this and just want to be prepared so I won't panic.

Thanks for your help.

I assume you're referring to the swim-with-the-dolphins pool at Discovery Cove.

It's deep although I don't know how deep. There's a sloping edge that drops of sharply a short distance from shore. It's out there that much of the dolphin interaction takes place (although some is in the shallow, waist-deep water as well).

I wouldn't worry too much, however, because the wet suit vest they give you is very bouyant. If you have any concerns, you can ask for a thicker vest that's more of a life preserver than a wet suit vest.

If you are talking about the dolphin pool at dolphin cove in sea world, where you feed the dolphins daily...not sure how deep it is...but the dolphins have plenty of room to swim and play...can't see the bottom. Just grab some fish and start feeding...it is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter