How did your Disneyland Moonlight Magic booking go today?

Does anyone know if this event (from previous years or this year) require you to be staying on-site with a DVC reservation on the day of the event? I would like to go to this, but don't want to have to stay at GCV just to go when I live in SoCal.

Does anyone know if this event (from previous years or this year) require you to be staying on-site with a DVC reservation on the day of the event? I would like to go to this, but don't want to have to stay at GCV just to go when I live in SoCal.

No DVC room reservation was required last year and I doubt they'll change it this year. GCV is the only DVC resort and they don't have many DVC rooms.

I forgot to add.. I don't even think they give people with room reservations early booking for Moonlight Magic at Disneyland/California Adventure because there isn't that many.

Thanks, that's a bummer, even if I wanted to stay in GCV, like you said there's not that many so it would most likely be almost impossible to book. They should drop that requirement.

I forgot to add.. I don't even think they give people with room reservations early booking for Moonlight Magic at Disneyland/California Adventure because there isn't that many.

That is correct, they did not have early booking for people with on site reservations for the Disneyland event.

Thanks, that's a bummer, even if I wanted to stay in GCV, like you said there's not that many so it would most likely be almost impossible to book. They should drop that requirement.

I think maybe you misunderstood my answer because you said "bummer". At Disneyland/California Adventure Moonlight Magic events, there is no requirement to have a DVC room reservation. Booking opens up for everyone on the same day. I live in SoCal and have been to both Moonlight Magic events in 2016 and 2017 without a DVC room reservation.

Thats great! Yes, sorry I misunderstood, I thought you meant that we had to have a DVC reservation to go. Thanks for the help!

Also, do you need to have a valid theme park admission such as a day ticket or annual pass?

You don't need a day ticket or annual pass as long as you enter no earlier than the hours specified for the MM event. In the past, if MM starts at 8p, they start letting folks in a few hours earlier (maybe 2 hrs... Can't remember). If you wanted to get in before 6p, then you would need separate admission.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...-events/moonlight-magic-california-adventure/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter