• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How difficult is it to book studio's during value seasons at BWV or OKW?

La_brer_bear

Mouseketeer
I'm looking into buying a resale at either BWV or OKW. Starting off with 150 points. With our youngest starting college we like to visit during the off seasons. Would like to use it for two trips each year.

PS. Thanks for all the info that I've received reading the posts for the last several weeks.

If you are making the reservations 11 months in advance, you won't have any trouble at all.

If you're trying 30 days before, it may be more challenging.

Good luck with your resale purchase! :)

I can tell you from experience that studios seem to be the most difficult to book at BWV during the value season. I think a lot of adults without kids (such as my husband and myself) tend to go during that time because kids are in school and the points are so much lower. Standard view studios go VERY quickly at the BWV (for our trip coming up in January I called on the first day of my reservation to book and inquired about how fast they were going and by 9:30am around 3/4 of the standard view studios had been booked already... needless to say I called daily, and one day I forgot and didn't call until after noon and was told there were only 3 left! this is at exactly 11 months out day by day).

If you want to stay at the BWV, I would highly recommend buying points at the BWV... I haven't had a problem getting what i wanted there (though sometimes preferred view was necessary) when I booked within the 11 month window but within 7 months I have always had to stay at OKW.

Lisa

Thanks Doc and Lisa. Someone on one of the other posts that I've read suggested to buy a resale that has the use year begin 11 months from the most likely time that you would visit. In my case it would be December or January. Do you agree?

What matters most to me is when the six month banking window is. I'm most likely to go in November/December. My use year is August, which gives me through January to bank all of my points if I wind up not going during my preferred time.

You don't need the points "in hand" when making the reservation, so it makes little sense to hold them "idle" for 11 months, IMHO.
You would hate to have already banked your points by July (figuring you wouldn't go this winter) and then a great airfare deal comes up and ... :(

I just booked one for an upcoming September trip (due to the cheap airfare rates). CM mentioned there were plenty of rooms available at OKW but BWV was booked.

Our SWA flight also was still open.

Come on down............

The use year is merely when your points are renewed each year- it doesn't matter when making a reservation.

If you should have to cancel a reservation on short notice, having a use year just before the trip is helpful- since you will still have until the end of that use year to reuse those points without loss.

For Dec and/or Jan trips, a Dec use year would work very well.

Enjoy!

Our home is VWL. We are staying in a studio at BWV starting August 24th. We made the reservation at the beginning of May. Not quite 4 months prior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter