How difficult to get 2 studios in Oct. at BCV/BWV

pharmlivin

Mouseketeer
during F&W festival. (7 months out). Would like to try Sat, Sun and Mon nights. We have never ventured from VWL (home resort) except for wonderful stays at Vero Beach but we are anxious to branch out a bit. I know F&W is one of the many reasons people own BWV and/or BCV. Any advice appreciated. I certainly wouldn't mind trying SSR or OKW but it would be nice to stoll over to EPCOT whenever the mood struck.

How flexible are you with when you would go? If you are flexible then you stand an okay chance at being able to make a reservation at exactly 7 months (don't wait). If you're looking for a specific weekend like Columbus Day, that would be harder to accomplish at 7 months.

Reserve your home resort at 11 months then switch or go on a wait list at 7. Even if you don't get it right away, it may open. (I was able to get a 2BR at the BCV on one days notice last year for Columbus Day weekend).

HBC

As long as you're not needing a specific view (BW or standard), I think you'd have a decent chance for BWV. BCV might be more difficult due to its smaller size.
I'd still reserve your "home" at the 11-month mark, and try to switch it at 7.
Good luck :thumbsup2 .
F & W is the only time we're fussy about staying at our BWV; the rest of our trips are usually spread over the WDW-DVC map. It makes for entirely different vacations within a year.:goodvibes

i've been waitlisted since the beginning of january, for a BW studio on 10/8.....still waiting :rolleyes1

i've been waitlisted since the beginning of january, for a BW studio on 10/8.....still waiting :rolleyes1

Omigosh.......I didn't know it was so difficult :scared1: . Since access to Epcot during F & W has been a priority to us, I always do day-by-day at 11 months, especially since we like to save points with a standard view. I had no idea that even preferred was so sought-after.:eek:
Good luck on getting your waitlist pixiedust: !

I'm on a wait list for a studio at BWV in Oct. I have Thurs. Fri. Sat. (The 2high point days) but it seems like Sun. and Monday are the most difficult as many like to stay Sun-Fri when the points are lower.

Also, dare I say it, this is the time when some owners book the relatively low point cost from Sun-Fri. to rent out. It is F&W and they know the ressie will be easliy rented. :( Personally, I don't hold out much hope for my Sun. Mon. to come through, but I've got my fingers crossed!

Just about impossible at this point I would think.
Studios are the first to go just about any time of year. You might have a chance for a 1BR at BWV if you call right at 7 months. If not, you can always try waitlist. Don't forget the waitlist gets flushed at 31 days (or is it 30?). Calling 31 or 30 days out can sometimes produce results.

Are you obligated to use points? If not you can try BWI, BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin, almost 4000 rooms between them. And the Polynesian also has very convenient access to Epcot.

I will take your advice and reserve our home (VWL) at 11 months then then try and see what is available at 7 months. Worst case...we stay at VWL...(and oh how terrible that would be) ;)

Same here, waiting on Columbus day dates...I made my 11 mos ressie at BW and called at exactly 7mo to switch to BC and so far only two nights have come through...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter