How difficult to navigate HS opening week of GE?

Really? I imagine the opposite. With all the Star Wars characters thru can paint
If they are being true to SW and what's canon they probably won't have face painting, I can see them doing it outside the land though (this is why coke products inside the land has created such an uproar)

Our trip is planned 8/23 to 9/2 and has been since last August. The only adjustment I made was to put my HS park time to the first half of my trip, pre GE opening. If you have that option, that may be less stressful than trying on 8/30.

I have no interest in that craziness. I wasn't expecting to see GE until my next year's trip anyway, so I see no need to battle the crazy opening weekend for a partially opened land. I'll be in my poolside cabana at Stormalong Bay on the 8/29 enjoying a cocktail or two.

we're going down Aug 20 Tuesday- Wednesday 28th. Do you guys think we'll have extra crowds? Do you think people will roll in early (on the weekend)?

we're going down Aug 20 Tuesday- Wednesday 28th. Do you guys think we'll have extra crowds? Do you think people will roll in early (on the weekend)?
I think it might be a tinge more crowded than usual, that is still our summer week for some people with kids out of school, now some might plan trips before SWGE to be there.

Our DHS day is 8/29 but we have an ADR that evening for dinner though too. I wonder what the rule will be in regards to a wheelchair? Mum is in a wheelchair and I wonder how that will play into the chaos too!

Our DHS day is 8/29 but we have an ADR that evening for dinner though too. I wonder what the rule will be in regards to a wheelchair? Mum is in a wheelchair and I wonder how that will play into the chaos too!
there are no "rules" for wheelchairs. You mean like a separate entrance? wheelchairs, ECVs and strollers share the same walkways with everyone else

Not like looking for special privileges more apt to be getting forearmed for “battle” so to speak with folks that don’t “see” a wheelchair and think it can stop on a dime! Methinks it shall be just another day with a ton more people eh?:angel: I’m more concerned with actually getting into DHS that day without a 2hr queue to just get into the park? Thoughts?

Not like looking for special privileges more apt to be getting forearmed for “battle” so to speak with folks that don’t “see” a wheelchair and think it can stop on a dime! Methinks it shall be just another day with a ton more people eh?:angel: I’m more concerned with actually getting into DHS that day without a 2hr queue to just get into the park? Thoughts?
if you're arriving for dinner only I don't think you will see a huge line outside the park to get in unless the park hits Phase 4 capacity earlier and then reopens by the time you get there

It would be nice if they had a SWGE queue to get into the park and a regular queue for those who want to do the rest of the park.

I can easily see the whole park reaching capacity for the entire weekend. I doubt they'll close anything in the park as they need people eaters to help distribute the crowd. Most likely SWGE will quickly reach capacity and the remaining guests will be in the park so yes I would not be surprised at all if the whole park reaches capacity.

If it were me I would try to do HS prior to the opening. Personally, I would pass on HS all together that first week otherwise. Just as others have mentioned cast members will be learning how to handle the chaos that will ensue at opening. This is going to be a HUGE opening and I personally know many people heading down that first week who have never been to Disney just to go to HS every day they're down there.

I don't think the odds are that high. For GE yes, HS as a whole, not 99%.
I think they'll do something so that only GE reaches Phase 4 so the guests who have zero interest in GE will be able to go to HS.
I'm certain that Disney will use the same messaging that they use at NYE so that most anyone who doesn't know how it works will think it's at phase 4, which will help reduce some of the guests who even try to head over. So that will help cut crowding some too.
We have ADR for a couple of days during opening weekend, mostly to have a place to park ourselves for a bit without having to search for a place while it's so busy. I'm not worried about the ADR since I do think they'll do whatever it takes to get those folks in the park.
My biggest concern is the park is so darn small. And honestly, there’s not a ton of things there to absorb crowds like MK can (which is the second smallest park by area).

I personally think there’s going to be a fair amount of capacity issues with the studios for at least the first few months. Maybe not phase 4 bad all the time, but definitely some sort of phase

We also have 2 ADRS (early lunch and Fantasmic dining package ) one day in mid-September. Definitely hoping to be able to enjoy these and see HS as it didn’t exist the last time we were in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts